PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ad.

Green Acres
02-01-2001, 06:12 PM
I'm getting ready to put an ad in the newspaper and was wondering if anyone could post or send me a copy of what they have put in the newspaper. Thanks

Guido
02-01-2001, 08:03 PM
A number or a letter toward the beginning of the alphabet will out you close or at the top if the articles are arranged alphabetically.

If your trying to offer a bunch of services use something like "your one stop/(or)call for full service outdoor maintenance, or whatever,

but if your trying to attract only mnowing, or only spring clean-ups or snow removal, etc, you should clearly specify that in the ad. Make sure you give them a number or e-mail f the fastest was they can reach you.

Check out the other ads where you'll be putting this one so you know what you have to do to set yours apart from the other ones.

Good Luck!

lawrence stone
02-01-2001, 08:16 PM
Affordable lawn renovations, core aeration, thatch removal, overseeding,
fertilization & weed control programs, seasonal lawn mowing, licensed and
insured http://www.com email addy and phone number.

bob
02-01-2001, 08:45 PM
Is the ad for lawn services? It seems a little early to run a lawn ad. Joe home owner isn't even thinking about lawn care yet.

1MajorTom
02-01-2001, 10:00 PM
Our newspaper is the worst for the service directory ads.

There is no rhyme or reason with them. You can make your
own heading. So the first person will place their ad, and say they want it under the heading Lawn Care. Then 6 more people will follow suit. Then a wise guy will decide he wants another heading. He places his ad under Lawn Maintenance. Then 10 more people will follow him. Then someone else will decide to pick another heading like Lawn Mowing. Everyone is out to get their own heading. It makes a mess of the service directory. Everyone wants to be first. Alphabetically would be better.

My point is, find out how your local newspaper runs their ads, and find a way to be listed first or second.

Greenacres, if you want a little more help with your ad, let us know what services you will be providing. Just mowing, or the whole nine yards?

Jodi

Green Acres
02-01-2001, 10:43 PM
The last few years I mostly did mowing since I was just getting started. This year though I will be doing mostly everying except Fert. Apps and Irrigation. Both of which I have someone who I can sub those out too. I know I probably won't get anyone wanting there lawn mowed right now. I'm looking for more landscaping work right now. I saw a guy today doing some mulching and it's getting me in the mood for spring and that dearly needed green stuff (both grass and cash).

1MajorTom
02-01-2001, 10:54 PM
Professional lawn and ground maintenance, spring clean-ups,
landscape mulch, core aerations, mowing, and more. Fully
insured. Call early for your free estimate. (your phone number)

Jodi