PDA

View Full Version : the wicked witch is dead

turfquip
05-18-2000, 09:28 AM
Be warned though. Don't expect 100% lawn talk. Topics get heated at times...sometimes a little racy...oft political. <p>Rumors have it there will be a special 'guest' appearance by a well known and beloved industry personality.<p>The weak in mind or spirit should point their browsers somewhere else.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: turfquip dot com

turfquip
05-18-2000, 06:06 PM
<br>To avoid confusion on 'when' the next session is let me clarify.<p>Thursday night, May 18 at 8 p.m. EASTERN<p>A few have emailed me wondering how they too, can join javachat.<p>There is a text link entitled java chat just above the top message in this thread. Click on it and wait a couple minutes. You will be asked to sign in, then eventually given the option of loading the lightweight version of chat client. Since I run a 28.8 connection, I opt for the faster loading lightweight version.<p>Once the chat room loads you will be assigned a name like &quot;guest56091&quot;. The very first thing you can do if you like is change that assigned name to your regular LawnSite 'handle' ... or of course you can remain anonymous if you choose.<p>Watch for the prompt near the input line to indicate how to change your name. After that it's real-time fun and hijinks featuring all your favorite LS personalities.

Nilsson Associates
05-18-2000, 06:21 PM
Nobody formally invited me, I never received a hand written VIP invitation embossed in gold ... I'm not offended, I might show but then on the other hand I might not. <p>Phil Nilsson