PDA

View Full Version : protective box or cover for fertilizer bags

ant
05-17-2000, 11:04 PM
i load my p/u truck in the morning with bags of fertilizer for the day. some times i may not have time to unload it at the end of the day or durning the day we may have a passing shower. i know there is a few expensive fiberglass bins on the market to store the fertilizer in . what do you guys do or how do you store the bags in youe bed of your p/u to keep them dry. thanks anthony grelli

Lazer
05-17-2000, 11:12 PM
Use a truck topper or I use plastic bags

accuratelawn
05-17-2000, 11:24 PM
I just use a plastic tarp. A tanou cover might work also.

CA Enterprises
05-18-2000, 02:16 AM
I went to Wal-Mart and purchased one those large bins that have a lid. It stays watertight and haven't had any problems with moisture build-up.<p>Adam :)

CA Enterprises
05-18-2000, 02:18 AM
I went to Wal-Mart and purchased one of those large tubs with a lid(around $15)it stays watertight and I haven't had any problems with moisture inside.<p>Adam:)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: CA Enterprises

MOW ED
05-18-2000, 10:05 AM
I have some coal bags that I got years ago, they are reinforced vinyl and can hold about 6 50# bags. I also have used tarps but I have to be careful because my bedliner doesnt have drains and everything pools.<p>Most of my fertilizer comes in double plastic bags from my dealer but I like to be extra careful. Good Luck.

Alan
05-18-2000, 04:27 PM
The stuff I buy is in real heavy plastic bags, heat sealed. It's rare to get any water in them unless they sit in a pool in the back of the truck. I got a big &quot;Tuff Box&quot; at WalMart that I use for seed on my hydroseeder trailer, it seem to be about perfectly sealed, stuff stays dry inside