PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mags= Cosmo or Playboy

Acute Cut
02-01-2001, 11:00 PM
Now i know what you are thinking. I bet atleast some, if not most of you, read that and thought about naked women on mowers as in biker mags or lowrider mags. That is not what i am saying.

Was on another forum (landscaping) and made the comment about how i looked to these lawn mags and thought "what am i doing wrong and why am i not heading in the direction so and so went?"

The obvious was pointed out to me and it was an epiphony. (sp?) Those guys and companies are rare. They are like the women we see in playboy and cosmo. Those mags have made women feel inferior for years. These lawn mags are doing the same to some of us. (Not that i would stop my subscription that is).

The whole point of this note is to let any newer guys know that those companies in those mags are somewhat rare. Most of the people here (just about anyone) makes more than i do but many probably dont even come close to that many zeros on the checks. (if you do, can you send it to me uncashed and signed so i can see what it looks like? haha)

Best of wishes to all and keep on dreamin
Acute Cut Lawn Care

Mueller Landscape Inc
02-01-2001, 11:19 PM
Acute,

Another way to look at it is:

The higher you climb, the more elbow room there is. When you are at the bottom, the competition is fierce. ;)

John

lbmd1
02-02-2001, 12:03 AM
A few other ways of looking at that:

The higher you are, the harder the fall!

When you're at the bottom, you have no place to go but up!

And finally, the only competition is yourself!

Not everyone needs to gross millions to be happy or successful. THe more you grow, the more your expenses grow. I bet there are alot of guys who grew too fast and miss the old days when things were simpler. Just like with all our talk about pricing, you have to know where you need to be, not where others are grasshoppa.