PDA

View Full Version : List the Big Three in order of Importance to Your Company

Fareway Lawncare
02-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Those who are successful in the Mowing/Maint. aspect the Green Industry must list the Big Three in the Following Order. Part time operators may have the luxury to list them differently.

1) Affordable
2) Reliable
3) Quality

AtlYardWorks
02-14-2005, 05:58 PM
This is the order I would use for my company.

1) Quality
2) Reliable
3) Affordable

Eddie B
02-14-2005, 06:03 PM
1) Quality
2) Reliable
3) Affordable

If you focus on quality and reliability, affordability should fall right in place.

proenterprises
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
quality
reliable
affordable.

an affordable job is no good if you never show up and do a crappy job.

Fantasy Lawns
02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Importance to Your Company

Fore me that would relate to

1 Cash Flow
2 Consistent Services
3 Job Site Inspections

From the Customer's View

1 Quality
2 Dependable
3 Price

Kinda weird how they are opposite ....
My Cash Flow it their Price
My Consistence related to customer Dependablity
My Site Inspections related to Quality

newbomb
02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
1 reliability
2 quality
3 Affordable

I put reliability ahead of quality for 2 reasons. First if you don't do good work to start with a customer will fire you. You need to do quality work that's a given.

Second most customers I have are residential and they are so happy to know that I WILL be there, it seems to be their priority. They don't want to do it and they don't want a hassle to get the lawn guy to show up. I have picked up most fo my work from people who told me the "other" guy quit showing up regularly.

You can be the "greatest" alive at whatever you do, but what good are you if you aren't there to do it.

-Paul

Fareway Lawncare
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Most customers notice only that their lawn was cut on the scheduled day and that their property looks neat. They also notice the invoices. The last thing that registers is the "quality" your mowing service may have over another.

Littleriver1
02-14-2005, 07:28 PM
quality
reliable
affordable
I think this is the proper order for advertisement, and what the customer wants to hear and see. However, when the honeymoon is over and the invoices start showing up it all changes. Affordable is a given or you wouldn't be doing it. Quality is a given because you always do it the same way, the way they like it. If you keep changing their schedule or don't show up, especially if your phone is ringing, all bets are off. Nothing brings up that bad taste in the mouth like the regurgitation of the words,"He's just like all the rest".

The landscaper
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
1) Quality, Quality, Quality....Image is everything
2) Reliable
3) Affordable

Norm Al
02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
1) sex with my wife
2) eating with my wife
3) momma needs milk money so getting paid ranks high!

Flex-Deck
02-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Those who are successful in the Mowing/Maint. aspect the Green Industry must list the Big Three in the Following Order. Part time operators may have the luxury to list them differently.

1) Affordable
2) Reliable
3) Quality

1) Affordable - every part of the country has the "normal per acre charge"
2) Reliable - If you can't show up in time - do something else.
3) Quality - I do not think any person really interested in mowing as a living would go out and not think quality was important.
Quality is the aspect of a good LCO that is not meant for the customer. Quality is meant as an advertizeing tool FOR the LCO. I tell all my customers that ask me - "Will you promise to mow every week? - I say - It is my reputation at stake every day - your yard will survive anything - my reputation will not."

Now - to make money - you have to be able to land jobs.
Now - to land jobs - you have to be in the parameters that the locals are willing to pay
Now - to make money - you have to be efficient - that means you need mowers that do more, eliminate employees, and machines and still get more done.

Cobra Jock
02-15-2005, 12:12 AM
1 reliability
2 quality
3 Affordable

I put reliability ahead of quality for 2 reasons. First if you don't do good work to start with a customer will fire you. You need to do quality work that's a given.

Second most customers I have are residential and they are so happy to know that I WILL be there, it seems to be their priority. They don't want to do it and they don't want a hassle to get the lawn guy to show up. I have picked up most fo my work from people who told me the "other" guy quit showing up regularly.

You can be the "greatest" alive at whatever you do, but what good are you if you aren't there to do it.

-Paul

I think Woody was asked one time how he had become so successful and he said something like, "90% of life is showing up. You can't be very good if you don't show. I agree that reliability is #1 :sleeping:

Greg

Cobra Jock
02-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Woody Allen that is! Not the other Woody! ;)

Greg

Green lawns
02-15-2005, 12:52 AM
For us it would be:

Quality
Reliable
Affordable

Fareway Lawncare
02-15-2005, 01:12 AM
You could Keep 90% of your customers by Being Reliable and Affordable even if Quality Suffered.

Last Season I did a study on one of the Res. Routes, where all of the back yards were string trimmed every Second Week...Not one Complaint.

Customers Notice that you Showed up on the Scheduled day & that the Property Looks Neat and that the invoices are reasonable. That's it.

SWD
02-15-2005, 07:09 AM
For my company it would be:
professional as number 1. Due to this encompassing reliable and quality driven.
As far as affordable, I haven't marketed my business in that manner as I am not volume driven. For instance, my average residential customer pays me $800-1000 per month. Commerical accounts average about $1100 per month.
There are plenty of scrubs that are affordable and reliable yet I am contacted repeatedly to replace them. Their quality wasn't bad, they just weren't professional appearing enough, from what I have been told.