PDA

View Full Version : got the lift installed

kickin sum grass
02-14-2005, 06:47 PM
no more bending over and laying on my back to work on trucks and mowers. Great for changing blades ad engine work. Put it at the height you want and wrench away. 3033 bucks and I installed it myself. took about 3 or 4 hours.
this pick is when I done rear brakes and shocks. Life is so easy now :cool2:

GLS
02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
I could use one of those :cool:

How much is that one rated for?

kickin sum grass
02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
9000 lbs. That is a 3500 with diesel engine on it and it did not even slow it down. I did a lot of research before buying one. It is called a whip, formally forward lift. It has wide base plates and the heavyest metal columns I could find for that price. It compared to a rotary and a few other more expensive brands. What really sold me was the drive thru clearence. It is a lot wider between post. You can pull in and there is enough room to open both doors enough to get into the truck from either side. No other lift offered that wide a drive thru. It also had heavy cylinders and equailizer cables.

mdb landscaping
02-14-2005, 07:23 PM
youll find so many uses for it. we have a rotary lift at our shop, and we used it all the time. if you can justify buying one, i recommend it. makes workign on the vehicles so much easier.

MMLawn
02-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Is it just the picture or is the lift tilted to the left?

kickin sum grass
02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
no, i just need to learn how to hold my head straight...

jreiff
02-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Could have used that this morning, changing oil on a ford 450 dually. Not a big fan of getting on the creeper and trying to get under the truck being all crammed.

Looks like i might have to look into getting one.

Looks like a great setup...

DLCS
02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, that is sweet. This may seem like a dumb question but what stabilizes those lifts from falling forward when a load is raised. I know they are anchored to the concrete but wouldn't the anchors pull out eventually. I know I sound dumb but I've never actually payed attention as to what kind of anchors hold them lifts down.

slow release
02-16-2005, 05:45 PM
We put a lift in our shop 2 years ago. Similar to yours (10,000lb. cap I think). My F350 is just under the weight limit. It was definitely a solid investment. No more squeezing under my bosses Lightning! :dizzy:

kickin sum grass
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
dlcs,
The load is balanced between the front and back. That way the load is pushing straight down rather than pitched forward or backward.

here is another pic:

MMLawn
02-16-2005, 11:45 PM
no, i just need to learn how to hold my head straight...

....lol.....

fga
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
kickin,

do you need someone to come in and inspect it every so often by law? i mean just for your safety, i'd actually appreciate a law like that. (like elevator inspector type deal).

awesome shop and lift, i'm pretty envious. i wonder how many friends are going to want to borrow your lift "for a few minutes." :) :rolleyes:

Green Masters
02-17-2005, 07:22 PM
The lift looks great, but a little purple power will work wonders on your mower.

kickin sum grass
02-18-2005, 06:13 PM
no law to inspect that I know of. I am sure osha takes care of that at car dealers and so forth.

Not sure what purple power is but I am assuming it is a cleaner.
It will get scrubbed down as soon as it gets a little warmer. We used it up until the day before the big snow in dec. so it did not get it end of year bath.

ksland
02-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Need a new friend? :drinkup:

kickin sum grass
02-18-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm sure I will have tons of friends I didn't even know about. :waving: