PDA

View Full Version : Keeping 21" from rolling on trailer

Husky03
02-14-2005, 08:44 PM
What do you guys use to keep your 21" push mowers from rolling around on your trailer. I was thinking of just wedging it between my Z and the sides of my trailer.

Thanks...

mtdman
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I put mine at the end of the trailer, turn it backwards and bungee it to the gate from the handle. It fits nicely right next to my wb.

Jason Rose
02-14-2005, 09:07 PM
2x4's screwed to the floor of the trailer work great! One in front and one in back. I also put one across the open side to sort of box it in to keep it from sliding sideways out of it's little cradle. If you have a really small trailer that's pretty light weight and bounces around a lot this may not be the best thing tho... I hate to see a mower slamming back and forth on a trailer! Bungees work ok, but unless it's fitted just right I find that things tend to roll anyway and just strech the cord to it's limit. Maybe look into a Pro Locker? Saw them on another site, seems like a pretty cool idea as long as they wouldn't be in the way too much...

Eddie B
02-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I just placed a 2x4 22 inches from the trailer wall and screwed it down with wood screws. This creates a track for the wheels to rest on. I then bungee the 21" mower to the trailer side. I guess I explained that clearly...

Husky03
02-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Sounds good, I will secure it somehow with boards. It should be safe because the sidewalls of my trailer are high.

Thanks...

The landscaper
02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Depending on what I take, I wedge between mowers and the side of the trailer. I also just bungee to the trailer.

Fareway Lawncare
02-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I am in the Process of Building a 21" Carrier to attach to the trailer tounges. The carriers will have latched ramps on both sides when finished and will be able to carry 2-21"'s.

brucec32
02-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I sometimes wonder when I read such questions that we are having one put over on us. This is the second ridiculous post I've read out of the last 4.

Do you really think someone who doesn't understand the concept of stuff like straps, bungee cords, and a set of 2x4's nailed to the trailer floor is capable of finding their way around town to mow lawns?

Now I have a question. There is this cord thing on my mower that looks like you have to pull it. How far should I pull it? What does it do?

valley boy
02-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I lost one last year , got ran over by a very nice lady , scared the crap out of me !!!! Kids every where . Now I have it blocked by 2"x4" wood and strap it down solid . It takes a couple of minutes but no law suits or dead kids.

out4now
02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Never used em but the Jungle Jim metal wheel boot things look good. Probably could make them yourself with some sheet metal.

jtkplc
02-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I use some big wire-like tie downs. They work good.
00000001.jpg

Green lawns
02-15-2005, 01:02 AM
We use 2x4's behind front and rear wheels.

Anthony-MB
02-15-2005, 02:37 AM
"Fareway Lawncare"
that's a bit exterme
I use rubber bungee with metal clips

lawncare4u
02-15-2005, 03:17 AM
What do you guys use to keep your 21" push mowers from rolling around on your trailer. I was thinking of just wedging it between my Z and the sides of my trailer.

Thanks...

Try trimmertrap.com,should have something :waving:

SWD
02-15-2005, 07:12 AM
I have recessed rings mounted on the floor of my enclosed trailer. I simply use a short chain with a "d" ring to secure the chain to itself once the chain has been looped through the front bar. Simple, quick and effective.

Family Man Lawn Care
02-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Circular eye hooks and ratchet straps work great for me. Mount one eye hook on both sides of where you want the mower to be. One ratchet strap on each side of the engine and it's not going anywhere.

FrankenScagMachines
02-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Mine stays put just fine on the garage floor where it should be. :p :)

Itsgottobegreen
02-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Mine stays put just fine on the garage floor where it should be. :p :)

I was going to say the same thing. Mine stays put at the shop. :p

Husky03
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I sometimes wonder when I read such questions that we are having one put over on us. This is the second ridiculous post I've read out of the last 4.

Hey, Kiss My Ass! I was asking to see if some company made something special or anything like that.

Fareway: that looks good. I bet a lot of people have not thought of mounting the 21" on the tongue. Hope it works out for you. Show some pics when you finish. :)

RedWingsDet
02-15-2005, 06:49 PM
This is kind of a rediciolus post, you shouldnt have to buy some $50 tool just to secure a few hundred dollar peice of equipment down, just buy some bunjee cords for like $2 and use those. Anyway, if you really want to know, I dont use anything but the trailer and bigger mowers to hold it in. I just put the two front wheels hanging over the front of the trailer and they dont move, even when going down the highway. They dont really anywhere to go either. If one falls out, oh well, just an excuse to buy a new one as long as no one gets hurt. JK. But seriously, I just hang it over the edge of the trailer and the front of the trailer "hangs" onto the 2 front wheels and it stays put.

locutus
02-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I always use a bungee cord.

GLS
02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
We put a "jungle boot" (Jungle Jim's AP (http://www.junglejimsap.com/jungleboot.html)) on our trailer last year for the 21". We were using bungie cords. This is a lot faster and holds it better IMO.

You could easily make something similar to this if you had even slight fabricating skills.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33018&stc=1

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33019&stc=1