PDA

View Full Version : Is This Common in our industry

hortboy
02-14-2005, 11:34 PM
I have picked up 4 accounts so far this year for sole reason that the customer is looking for consitant billing. I have people telling me they are getting bills in January and even 1 February for services performed in Oct and Nov of last season? I can't believe what I'm hearing from my new customers. I understand there complaint w/ closing out 04 books for taxes and property and income taxes being due soon. Why would anybody in our industry bill right along all year till the last invoice and then wait over 2 months to mail it to the customer? I don't mean to offend if you do this , but please explain to me why?
Personally I want my money in my pocket as fast as possible?

stumper1620
02-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Personally I want my money in my pocket as fast as possible?[/QUOTE]
I agree.
Are they all the same LCO, maybe he ended up in the hospital or something like that. otherwise they must be rich and don't need it.

lawnman_scott
02-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I dont buy that one. Would it not be easier for them to call the lawn guy for a bill than to go through the trouble of getting estimates and hiring someone else. I hope you have a contract or advance payment.

jajwrigh
02-14-2005, 11:50 PM
hort-

We all want our money as fast as possible, but it doesn't always work that way. This year I am requiring all payments in advance so I won't have that problem. I am doing fert and squirt only though.