PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices

GreenQuest Lawn
02-02-2001, 12:01 AM
any comments on a gas cost increase?

Randy Scott
02-02-2001, 12:16 AM
I think this has been discussed not too long ago, you can do a search on fuel, or gas prices, or something to that effect and you should get something. But one thing I'll add that I haven't before is I'm just starting my business this spring and all my overhead and costs are being figured at what gas costs now so why shouldn't you, but alot of the guys may not raise prices because realisticly I think gas is only about ten cents more than what it was last year and I think they might not want to, so to say, ruffle any feathers over a small amount. I think the economy may tighten up a little bit more now for awhile, it's been good for so long. But, a guys gotta make a living, so the call is yours.

blade11
02-02-2001, 04:28 AM
Gas prices have definitely risen over the past year and I think that it is a justifiable reason for an increase in cost. But I would couple it with another reason (i.e. new equipment) for raising the price because I think it might "ruffle some feathers" to raise prices on gas alone.

lawman
02-02-2001, 02:24 PM
Rip Off!!!!!!

GreenQuest Lawn
02-02-2001, 04:48 PM
When i bid my accounts last year gas was about 1.25 so yea it was figured in then by june it was 2.25 a gallon so although i was trying to be prepared i had no clue it would jump that high. & yes i believe people are tired of having gas price increases so i can always add it in the fert charge. & blame higher prices. Thanks for the input.