PDA

View Full Version : good mower???? Need Responses

suprman9019er
02-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Is this a good mower http://www.simplicitymfg.com/pacer.php I need some responses. i have a used one i found that is just like new and i can get for $1,500. is this a good mower???!!!1

Richard Martin
02-15-2005, 03:49 AM
This is pure opinion based only on that webpage but...

As a starter mower it should do ok for at least a couple of years. I would imagine that it may have problems with heavy, lush grass growth. 11 hp is barely big enough even on a 33" mower. The top speed is slow at 4.25 mph too.

PLM-1
02-15-2005, 04:03 AM
It's 13 hp GET IT RIGHT! J/k . That mower is the ferris hydrocut 32/Snapper Pro 32. Single hydro. It is slow! But you gotta start somewhere. Better than a 21" Proline for close to the same price!

Richard Martin
02-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Oh, dang if it ain't. I saw the Briggs and Stratton name and my eyes just kinda glazed over.

PLM-1
02-15-2005, 04:15 AM
I know...i bout pissed my pants when saw that brand! Can't beat one of those huh????? Especially with the 11 oops i mean 13 hp!

Carolina Cutter
02-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I actually demoed one when I was looking for a small mower. VERY nice drive system. Foward and reverse control is done with your thumbs. Quite responsive to the throttle movements too. Electric start is nice and the deck height adjustment is a breeze.

BUT.....I didn't buy one for a couple of reasons. One, the hydro did not control the wheels individually, in other words I would have had to manually turn the thing, which means no velke to ride on unless I got off everytime I needed to turn. Two, the motor size seemed a little small.

If those two flaws would have been fixed I would ave bought it. It is a very nice mower and I can see the pluses for a homeowner to own one. Not a bad price you found either. I think the dealerr I was at wanted $1999.00 for it but later called me an offered it to me at $1600...

If its the same as the Ferris and they have those two problems fixed I WOULD DEFINETLY look at the Ferris mower.

FrankenScagMachines
02-15-2005, 12:00 PM
i'm not disagreeing with the statements that 13hp is not enough power for the 33" cut or whatever, but why do I read this and also read that others say 12.5hp is plenty on their 32" mowers, that have higher ground speeds? Occasionally you guys make no sense at all :dizzy:

Eric 1
02-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Looks like a nice machine for the price. Not top of the line, but it will get the job done till you can get a better one. 13hp should be fine, unless you plan to do some bush-hogging. :dizzy: I say go for it.

chines63
02-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Does anyone use either 36 Quick or the 34 Gravely? Wonder which would be better for back up. If anyone has any dealing with either please respond. :help: