PDA

View Full Version : Securing Equipment

rodfather
02-15-2005, 09:50 AM
For those with enclosed trailers, how/what do you do to hold down your mowers? We're getting one next month and although it has 4 or so D-rings mounted in the floor, I was wondering if anything else will be needed.

Any information would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

dobehap
02-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Mower's parking brake. Rarely moves around.

Henry
02-15-2005, 10:05 AM
We put some d-rings on the walls of the trailer. Have you seen e-tracks?

rodfather
02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
We put some d-rings on the walls of the trailer. Have you seen e-tracks?

E-tracks? Never heard of them.

Carolina Cutter
02-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I made some small brackets out of angle iron and mounted two on each side of the trailer and then cut some 2x4's to fit the width and drop them into the brackets. Front and rear of mowers and equipment.....keeps the mower right where I left it and easy to remove and replace.

CamLand
02-15-2005, 10:11 AM
E-tracks? Never heard of them.

Check on Ebay,bunch of diffrent kinds...

rodfather
02-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I made some small brackets out of angle iron and mounted two on each side of the trailer and then cut some 2x4's to fit the width and drop them into the brackets. Front and rear of mowers and equipment.....keeps the mower right where I left it and easy to remove and replace.

Jeff, I went to your website and thought maybe I might see something from your pics...no luck. Can ya take any closeups and post them for me?

Carolina Cutter
02-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Was taking care of that as we speak.....did the best I could so that you could see what I was talking about.....

Carolina Cutter
02-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Here's another view.................

THis one is in the previous thread....tried renaming it but no go.....hmmmmm

Try this (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93116&page=5&pp=10)

rodfather
02-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Was taking care of that as we speak.....did the best I could so that you could see what I was talking about.....

Are the 2x4's easily removable to back mowers in and out?

Carolina Cutter
02-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Yea, I left just enough space so that I could give the mower a push or a tug to take the pressure off of whatever board it was resting against and pull the board out. So the mower moves.....MAYBE.....a couple of inches back and forth. For some reason my belt-drive moves a little even with the brake set. But yes, they are easily removed and then I slide them along the wall of the trailer out of the way until they are needed again. I really hate tie-downs....too time consuming and the trailer is enclosed so hopefully, God forbid, if I ever have an accident they are not going to leave the trailer...but I drive super safe when towing anyway.