PDA

View Full Version : dog allergic to grass??

Brianj
02-15-2005, 01:09 PM
i had a customer last year we cut once and she asked why didn't we bag the back yard..and the only reason she knew was that she saw my walk behind in the back yard( 37 toro re cycler) it leaves no mess. i cut the front with the walker with mulching deck, but i guess people think i bag with the hopper.. i explained to her that i didn't bag the front or the back yard.. i only bag in the winter.. she said my yard has to be bagged, my dog is allergic to grass. so i said what is the difference between dead grass and live grass. and with that i said have a nice day and she found some scrub with 21 inch bagger.. anyone ever heard of this? dog allergic to grass

procut
02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Not to say its not possible for a dog to be alergic to grass, but like you said, whats the differance between live grass and that has been cut. If the dog truely is alergic to grass, its like he could never go outside.

packerbacker
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
I has a customer tell me the same thing but her dog suddenly lost his allergies when i told her it would be an extra 15 to bag :rolleyes:

green with envy
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
TRUE STORY !!!!

I had a dog who was allergic to Grass, Wheat, Mold, eggs, Milk and Animal fur !!

I had to give the dog an injection every other week!!

Our Vet could'nt figure what was wrong with him so we took him to Michigan State and they found the problem. The Dog lived over 12 years!

Mike

packerbacker
02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
What was the problem?

green with envy
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
The dog was given a flea dip when it was 2 weeks old and the vets at MSU thought that his imune system was totally screwed up. He was tested for over 25 alergies and had a strong to severe reaction to 20 of them.

Hard to belive the dog lived let alone lived that long.

Mike

specialtylc
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes its very common for dogs to be allergic to grass. Especially Shar Peis. I had one that was. Feet would get red and swollen .

PLM-1
02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes its very common for dogs to be allergic to grass. Especially Shar Peis. I had one that was. Feet would get red and swollen .

My pugs are that way. Tons of dogs are allergic to grass just like people!

sildoc
02-16-2005, 10:37 AM
My wifes dalmation is alergic to grass. Gets all red on the nose and underbody. At the peak of the alergen season we usually have to give her benadryl to keep her sleepy enough she doesn't lick wounds into her belly.

procut
02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I has a customer tell me the same thing but her dog suddenly lost his allergies when i told her it would be an extra 15 to bag :rolleyes:
Amazing. :)

impactlandscaping
02-16-2005, 02:26 PM
When you cut the grass blades, you are exposing and releasing chlorophyl , water,and other nutrients with the clippings. It's very probable that the dog is more likely allergic to the grass after being mowed. An ex used to have a poodle that was allergic to everything, including itself...lol