PDA

View Full Version : Teaching my class

sodgod
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say those that read the post i put on about me fliping out on my teacher, well thats not me. It was a bad day, and bad week, everything that could've gone wrong did. I'm a well known kid in high school and i teachers have told me that i'm a good kid. What i said in that post may have come out the wrong way. opps. don't hold it against me!?! any ways. my productions class teacher and i are pretty close. in the class we learn about construction and such. I was aftr school one night and he asked me if i wanted to be a teacher. I said no but it would be fun to teach about landscaping. Little did i know that thats what he was trying to get at. He wants me to teach my class for two 45min. days about landscape construction and maintanance. He told me to think about it, i went home and thought about it and came back the next day and told him that i would. I think that it would be fun and would look good on a college application(if it comes down to that). What do you guys think? I have an idea of what i might teach and stuff but let me hear your thoughts. P.S. its 50 degrees out right now and i can see grass!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it any more. I need to start workin again.

Grassmechanic
02-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Ok, I'll bite and I hope you don't take offense, but I think you need a minimum of a college degree and about 5-10 years of practical experience before you can teach a class. Your teacher should know this.

procut
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I don't know about teaching landscaping in High School. I just don't know how many kids would be interested/serious. A guy who owns a succesfull landscaping business in my area teaches landscaping at a local community college, maybe thats something you could consider.

cantoo
02-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Lots of schools around here offer night courses in many different subjects and the "teachers" are usually just people in the business. Some are worth credits others are just basically people helping people. I have taken courses on everything from typing to ornamental grasses. They were all useful and worth the time to me.