PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Regulations

Ground Pounder
02-02-2001, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know what Ohio requires for commercial application of lawn chemicals?

gr8 1
02-03-2001, 06:47 PM
A LICENSE

Rodney Anderson
02-03-2001, 08:38 PM
Not only a license bit Insurance !!!
Sure you can apply chemical without a license and then you become a SCAB. Hope no one knows who you are and deciodes to turn you in the Dept. of Agriculture. I would. Been doing it to long.

Ground Pounder
02-04-2001, 01:47 AM
I did a search in the ORC and found nothing related to licensure for fertilizers. The only thing the ORC addresses is pesticides.

WatkinsLawn
02-09-2001, 09:19 PM
If you are applying fertilizers that contain a pre-emergent for crabgrass you are applying a pecticide and you need a liscense. Call Department of Agriculture in Reynoldsburg to make arrangements to recieve study material and take your test. They test every wed. until May.
Good luck!

turfsurfer
02-13-2001, 11:44 PM
You have to apply to the Ohio dept. of Agriculture for a business licence and a custom applicator license. For the combined $120 fee you also get all the study material for the general Core exam as well as the specific areas you want to be licensed in. Sounds like you want to take the Turf exam. core and turf exams around 130 questions for both parts. If you can pass those, you should immediately right then take the ornamental weed control portion which is only 15 common sense questions which will let you spray Roundup in landscape beds to kill weeds when installing mulch. Take the test man, it's a misdemeanor if you get caught applying without a license, felony on 2nd offense.

Ground Pounder
02-14-2001, 12:06 AM
Thanks, all. I have sent my application to the ODOA. I am waiting on my study material. I want this to be a sucessful business and be compliant with all aspects of the regulations.

I'll keep you updated.

yardsmith
03-02-2001, 12:43 AM
yeah we always have busybodies around here turning people in for applying without a license, until one realizes what an undertaking it is to get licensed- then it becomes 'heck yeah I'd turn him in!' :)
Just got my boat load of study materials today-good luck.