PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Bull Rider Sulky?

Lawn Dog2001
02-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I was hoping someone here could help me out. I purchased a brand new Bull Rider sulky off of ebay. I got a great deal on it, only $184. The only problem is it was a dealers display unit and it came without a manual.

I feel kind of stupid about this, but I cant for the life of me figure out which direction to mount the brackets. There is a spring on each side. One end of each spring is straight and sticks out about 2 inches. The other end of the spring is bent to fit around the frame of the sulky. Does anyone know which end goes up, and which end goes down.

Also, if anyone is willing to photocopy their manual and send it to me, I would pay for it.

Lawn Keepers
02-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I have a bull rider and love it. I mounted mine on my Hustler hydro walk behind. What are you mounting yours on? I will try to find the instruction sheet that came with mine. I will make a copy of it and email it to you. I do know that the instructions where horrible, but something is better than nothing.

Lawn Dog2001
02-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks alot Lawn Keepers. That would be great. I am picking up a brand new 19Hp 54" floating deck Lesco tomorrow morning. I will be mounting it on that. Am I making any sence with the Spring thing?

Lawn Keepers
02-15-2005, 07:33 PM
This is the link to Trimmer Trap the manufacture of the Bull Rider...I will include both links and they have the instructions included. http://www.trimmertrap.com/sulkys/newbull.htm

http://www.trimmertrap.com/instructions/sm1instructions.htm

Lawn Dog2001
02-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks lawn keepers. I saw those too. But this is the old style Bull rider. In stead of one straight bar it has a Y bar with two brackets. At the end of each end of the Y bar is a spring. There is two different ends on the spring. I know one goes up, and one goes down. I am just not sure what goes where. If that makes any sence. :)

Roger
02-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Does the spring hold up the tow bar when not attached to the wheel unit?

I have a Bull Rider behind an Exmark 36" Viking (Hydro). I bought it about 2 1/2 seasons ago. The brackets that bolt to the mower frame are simple bolt-through-a-bushing connection. I detach the wheel assembly when on the trailer (space limitations), and hold up the Y-shaped tow bar with a bungee.

Maybe later editions include a spring that will pull the tow bar up and out of the way ....?

Lawn Keepers
02-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I don't have any springs on my sulky either. I do have the Y-bar though. I mounted the brackets so the sulky was level. The brackets are universal and can be mounted in either direction.

Lawn Dog2001
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Does the spring hold up the tow bar when not attached to the wheel unit?

.?

Thanks Roger. Yeah thats it. I could not think for the life of me what those springs are even for. After you mentioned it I see what your saying. Thanks for the tip.

Lawn Dog2001
02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't have any springs on my sulky either. I do have the Y-bar though. I mounted the brackets so the sulky was level. The brackets are universal and can be mounted in either direction.

The hook end of the spring grabs the y bar and the straight part rests against the machine to hold the bar in place when not attached to the sulky. I guess not all models had them.