PDA

View Full Version : Business Plans??

SummitFarmer
02-02-2001, 12:34 PM
Have any of you guys had to put together a business plan for a financing application? I'm looking at purchasing an operation and was hoping maybe someone had an example of one they wouldn't mind sharing? The old groundhog saw his shadow here in the mid-west this morning. Spring is just around the corner. Thanks in advance.

Summit Farmer

Island Lawn
02-02-2001, 09:52 PM
I just recently attended a business plan workshop. It was put together by the local chamber of commerce, the SBA and SCORE.
It was very informative and geared toward obtaining a business loan.
Check the SBA website (sba.gov) for lots of info run around

Ground Pounder
02-02-2001, 10:09 PM
I have one that the banker called "impressive". It is in MS-Word format. If you like I can email it to you.

SummitFarmer
02-02-2001, 10:55 PM
Hey Pounder
If you don't mind, I would be glad to have it. I'm trying to get all this stuff done in hopes of moving forward quickly. Didn't you just get a loan this week? Was it SBA or just through a normal channel? Thanks a ton.

SummitFarmer
02-02-2001, 10:57 PM
Doh....
My email is cjdrld@swbell.net......

Chip
02-03-2001, 09:41 AM
Pounder
If you don't mind could I also have a look at a copy of your business plan. Thanks.

Ground Pounder
02-03-2001, 11:18 AM
It is my honor to contribute something to all who have assisted me. I have uploaded my business plan to my web server for all to see.

It is just my format. The numbers may differ from yours. This presentation WORKED! My banker said, after reading it, "Well, I'm sold..." The next thing I knew, I had a check to go buy equipment.

Enjoy...

http://www.libertylawncare.com/Presentation.htm

Island Lawn
02-03-2001, 12:04 PM
Ground Pounder
Congrats on the loan!
I definately think this is the way to go!
As a community based service, I believe in getting established in the community.
The workshop I went to was geared toward obtaining a minimum $20,000.00 SBA loan! Too much for me!
It was suggested that our business plans be "at least 40 pages"!
They also gave us a list of hoops to jump through. Incuding showing up for more "free workshops" At 2.5 hrs away, I couldn't really call it free.

When it was time for the next workshop, I just logged on here!

Industry specific, professional info. For free. At home.

I'm going to see my banker when the time comes. (May be sooner than expected!)

Did you already have a relationship with your lender?

What was the process you went through to get your presentation reviewed?

Thanks for sharing!

linky
02-03-2001, 12:44 PM
Ground Pounder
Good for you! It sounds like you will do very well.
p.s. I liked your web site.

ron
02-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Hey Pounder could you please send me one also Sounds Great.
http://homestead.juno.com/skyler72/ron.html

zimm4
02-03-2001, 01:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your biz plan ground pounder.
I am in the middle of doing on myself.
This example is a big help.

Kyle

turfman99
02-03-2001, 01:20 PM
GP,

Nice job. Thats one of the best I have seen for a start up business. You are organized and have run the numbers. Thats what the banker likes to see. Next loan you get , include an Excel spreadsheet and you will blow him away then.

I like you attitude, not being afraid to borrow to get going. You will succeed. I have a product coming out in about a month titled " Starting the One Person Landscape Maintenance Business". It's a guide to starting or upgrading a part or full time one operator business.You may find some help there and it will be priced affordable. Information at my website later this week end.

Now that that plan is done. set a time table for your upgrade to full time operation and business.

Dale Wiley
Landscape Business Systems