PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Z Owners

jpmako
02-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Do any of you have the Roller Striping Kit?
Does it make much of a difference in the definition of the stripes?
I was thinking of purchasing it soon but would like some feedback first.

Thanks,
Jason

DLCS
02-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I bought one last year for one of the 757's. Works pretty well, imo. But its a little on the pricey side only real draw back.

green with envy
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I have a 737 but no striping kit. I am in the minority but I think stripes look dumb on most residential lawns. If there is a big open area that is a different story.

Mike

DeereHauler
02-16-2005, 04:58 PM
according to deere they only work on a 60" deck, and like dlcs said, they are salty... but maybe someone reading this would know if a striping kit would fit on a 54" deck. the only difference should be overall width, not space between the back wheels where it mounts.

i do like the stripes, on most properties. good luck if you get one, let us know how it works

jpmako, what size deck do you have on that 777? i have a 757 with a 54" i chose that over the 60", i wanted more power without the bigger deck.

jpmako
02-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the info guys,

DLCS - have you noticed a major improvement in the stripes? Does the roller get hung up on anything?

DeereHauler - It's got a 60" deck I debated a 54 on a stander instead or a 757 But I am happy that I got the 60" It saves a lot of time for me.

I am going to order it tomorrow. I believe the price is somewhere around $300.00

Thanks Again,
Jason

DLCS
02-16-2005, 05:30 PM
according to deere they only work on a 60" deck, and like dlcs said, they are salty... but maybe someone reading this would know if a striping kit would fit on a 54" deck. the only difference should be overall width, not space between the back wheels where it mounts.

i do like the stripes, on most properties. good luck if you get one, let us know how it works

jpmako, what size deck do you have on that 777? i have a 757 with a 54" i chose that over the 60", i wanted more power without the bigger deck.

Deere says it won't work on the 54" decks. My dealer at one time was trying to put one a 54" deck for a guy, I'm not sure how it turned out. If you want I could measure the distance between the back scalp roller brackets on mine so you could compare. I was told that Deere is suppose to be making one for the 54" decks this year but who knows?

DLCS
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys,

DLCS - have you noticed a major improvement in the stripes? Does the roller get hung up on anything?

DeereHauler - It's got a 60" deck I debated a 54 on a stander instead or a 757 But I am happy that I got the 60" It saves a lot of time for me.

I am going to order it tomorrow. I believe the price is somewhere around $300.00

Thanks Again,
Jason

Yes, there is quite an improvement. Yes, i have got in hung up on a raised sidewalk one time while crossing it, just broke a bolt no big deal. The sidewalk was stuck up about a 1" above grade.

jpmako
02-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Deere says it won't work on the 54" decks. My dealer at one time was trying to put one a 54" deck for a guy, I'm not sure how it turned out. If you want I could measure the distance between the back scalp roller brackets on mine so you could compare. I was told that Deere is suppose to be making one for the 54" decks this year but who knows?

I heard the same thing.
They said sometime in the spring they should have one for the 54" and 48" decks.

jpmako
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks
That was the info I needed. Gonna get it tomorrow

gl1200a
02-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I'll stick with my $4.00 mudflap. It lays very precise stripes.