PDA

View Full Version : MARYLAND ?

lawman
02-02-2001, 02:36 PM
I have seen a lot of Maryland names come-up and was trying to see where everyone is located with in the state.

I am in the Pasadena

Green Finger
02-02-2001, 03:08 PM
I'm in Upper Marlboro. It's still country.

BigEd
02-02-2001, 04:39 PM
Havre de Grace

jeffex
02-02-2001, 04:41 PM
catonsville

Eric ELM
02-02-2001, 04:46 PM
Jeffex and Lawman:
Why don't you update your profile and enter this information in your location so it will show up all the time. It sure is nice when we are reading your posts to be able to glance over to see where members are from. :)

Jerrys Lawn Service
02-02-2001, 10:29 PM
Perryhall, MD.

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com

guntruck
02-02-2001, 11:11 PM
Bowleys Quarters........do work in perry hall =)

MJM Landscaping Inc
02-03-2001, 12:50 AM
Cockeysville......Md.
Born, raised and still live here.

Richard Martin
02-03-2001, 03:42 AM
Edgewater, just south of Annapolis.

SJR Lawncare
02-03-2001, 08:01 PM
Arnold, I have an account in Pasadena.

SJR

Chopper Lover
02-05-2001, 08:31 PM
Currently living in Rockville but probably moving to the Frederick/Southern Frederick County area soon.

I use the following equipment:
1998 Full Size 4WD Chevy 1500
1995 Cargo Mate 7x14 enclosed tandem axle trailer
2000 Gravely PM260Z, 25hp/60"
1995 Skag 36" Walkbehind, 13 Kaw & Velke
Echo BP-46HT Blower
Echo SRM-2400 Trimmer

Man Joe
02-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Baltimore. Also work in surrounding counties.

Scott H
03-01-2001, 10:22 PM
I am from Abingdon, MD but also work in baltimore.

Scott

Kwabdog
03-02-2001, 11:17 AM
I live in Brandywine. It should be noted that I am not a Landscape Contractor. I live on a ranch and I come to this site to get expert advice on how to maintain my lawn.

syzer
03-02-2001, 01:08 PM
Baltimore, MD, work all over!

sedona
03-02-2001, 07:53 PM
towson, timonium

Mr.Ziffel
03-03-2001, 10:45 AM
I thought I'd take advantage of this thread to ask a question as my 9 year old son and I will be flying in to Baltimore on April 7. We're going to spend a week touring the historical sites, but 25 years ago I had dinner in a seafood restaurant in Baltimore that knocked my socks off and I want to start with some soft shell crabs, so I need a suggestion for a good restaurant. We start in Baltimore then go to DC, Williamsburg,VA, up the eastern shore of MD where I'll visit friends at a couple of gun clubs, on to Philadelphia [where I went to grade school] then back to Baltimore a week later. Any other suggestions or ideas for our trip is appreciated. Thanks, Will

syzer
03-03-2001, 10:50 AM
Ruth Chris ( i think that's how you spell it) is an awesome high end restaurant. Pretty pricey but the food is absolutely fantastic. I don't think they will have your crabs though =(. They are in downtown Baltimore on Water St.

Chopper Lover
03-03-2001, 11:20 AM
Will...

Be sure to visit the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC. People come from all over the world to see the Cherry Blossoms in bloom and you should be here just in time. I think they are supposed to be at peak on April 5th this year. It is a beautiful site to see. You will also be close to the Jefferson & Lincoln Memorials along with the Washington Monument.

When I was about nine I went on a tour of the White House, Capitol Hill and the Treasury Department. The White House is neat because you are always hoping to get to see the President and at that age it does not matter who the president is, you would just like to see him. I would suggest you make reservations first. That way you don't have to wait in line. That can probably be done on line. At Capitol Hill the tour guide will tell you FASCINATING stories and show you some tricks about the acoustics of the building. There is a place where the two parties used to meet that is acoustically designed for eavesdropping. The Treasury department allows you to see money being printed, cut, and made ready for distribution.

The Smithsonian Institute has numerous museums with my favorite being Air & Space. Arlington Cemetery is just across the Potomac River and is something to consider. Along with the eternal flame at JFK's grave, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, there are hundreds of thousands of graves all perfectly alligned. It is amazing while tragic at the same time. Almost everyone there died in some manner of defending our country or attempting to protect the freedom of someone else.

If you have the time I would plan on spending no less than a full day in DC. The things you and your son will get to see will be very educational. Bring comfortable shoes because you can walk to most of the places from wherever you start. Also consider using the METRO subway system. It is clean and reliable.

Check out this web site if you want more information.
http://www.washington.org/

Good Luck and have a great trip!
Mark