PDA

View Full Version : red hawk mowers

bobbygedd
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
i saw some mowers advertised in turf mag. the brand i believe was red hawk. any feedback on this brand?

GreenMonster
02-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I think they are the same as Bradley, aren't they? Or, they bought out Bradley, or something along those lines.

I could be wrong though....

Rhett
02-16-2005, 04:26 PM
I was curiose about those also. Wasn't the 36 belt drive in the 1300 dollar range?

2tall
02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Here is a link for there website:http://www.mowersulky.com/Bradley_Mowers.htm

Love2Mow
02-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I wouldnt be caught dead with one of those. They are built for homeowners.

AL Inc
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Looks just like the Giant Vac mowers. I guess as a back-up or if you are a part timer, that would be a good machine for you. But for day in and day out use, I don't think it will last. You get what you pay for.

marko
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
See here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93720&highlight=china

kkat
02-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Red Hawk mowers used to be called Bradley mowers. Yes they are made overseas, The mowers are actually a pretty decent machine. I have sold a few of the mowers and have not heard a complaint about them yet, I have one that is a (loaner) and most everyone that has used it has come back and purchased one either for a backup or an everyday machine, Check them out /they are not top of the line but they are not junk either! Im just as gungho U.S.A. as the next guy, but open up the hood on your (american suv) --see other thread--and I'LL bet you find parts on it from countries you didnt know exisisted. most everything you buy nowadays has something foriegn about it.

The Dude
02-16-2005, 05:55 PM

Why? When you die, I dont think people are going to be concerned with what mower brand you were using. lol :p

fga
02-16-2005, 06:28 PM
"...and the award for drama goes to... (drum roll)...love2mow!" :rolleyes:

i'd buy that in a heart beat, as long as the price is right.
fock customer service, i don't get it as it is.

bob, you looking to replace the 32, or go bigger?

bobbygedd
02-16-2005, 06:33 PM
i thought the one in the picture was 32". for $1300-$1500 i'd replace the 32". i have to see what types of properties this year brings. right now my 36" is ideal for all of my properties, but still need a 32" for a few back yards. perhaps a new 48" too. or ......a bigger boat, more beer, and say screw this hot dirty grasscutting nonsense

Love2Mow
02-16-2005, 06:35 PM
i thought the one in the picture was 32". for $1300-$1500 i'd replace the 32". i have to see what types of properties this year brings. right now my 36" is ideal for all of my properties, but still need a 32" for a few back yards. perhaps a new 48" too. or ......a bigger boat, more beer, and say screw this hot dirty grasscutting nonsense

If your doing this part time and have no real interest in expanding or being a full time LCO i would reccomend you getting one instead of wasting your money on nice equipment. If your even considering buying one I would say they are perfect for you.

The Dude
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
If your doing this part time and have no real interest in expanding or being a full time LCO i would reccomend you getting one instead of wasting your money on nice equipment. If your even considering buying one I would say they are perfect for you.

lol. :laugh:

This is gonna be funny.

bobbygedd
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
are you crazy?

Love2Mow
02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
are you crazy?

Maybe...why?

1MajorTom
02-16-2005, 07:07 PM

Not often do I admit to making a mistake (being a woman we are usually right), and today I went against my better judgement letting you make a new screen name all on the promise from you that you would leave gedd alone. I see that is not possible for you, so consider this screen name gone.
Your only choice now is to use your old one.

Quote from you: "thanks, and consider me leaving gedd alone."

fga
02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Not often do I admit to making a mistake (being a woman we are usually right), and today I went against my better judgement letting you make a new screen name all on the promise from you that you would leave gedd alone. I see that is not possible for you, so consider this screen name gone.

packer? :D :D :D :D :D

bobbygedd
02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
ahaHAHAHAHAHAHA what a dope! what is the opposite of above me?

The Dude
02-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Told ya this was gonna be funny. What a genius. ;)

impactlandscaping
02-16-2005, 09:28 PM
ahaHAHAHAHAHAHA what a dope! what is the opposite of above me?
ROTFLMAO!! :D

GreenMonster
02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
packer? :D :D :D :D :D

Or.... Yardbird??? It's the same avatar..... ah ha! Maybe that's just packer throwing us a curve..... hmmmmm :confused:

Either way, Dude was right. This is funny :p

AEW
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
HAHAHA I needed this today...

gogetter
02-16-2005, 11:36 PM
what is the opposite of above me?

Underneath me? :jester:

rodfather
02-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Underneath me? :jester:

Try "below me"...

Rhett
02-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Darn, I was trying to find something about the mower. What the heck was I thinking???????????

jetmecanic
02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
i saw some mowers advertised in turf mag. the brand i believe was red hawk. any feedback on this brand?
I dont know about the Redhawk but recently purchased a 32" Bradley with mulch kit for 1200 out the door. It isnt the most sophisticated setup, but I have put about 20 hours on it and am very satisfied. Great backup to my Proline 36 for smaller areas.

bobbygedd
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
how is the cutting quality, what kind/size engine?

Lazer_Z
02-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Bobby, From what I see in the ad in TURF the 32" has a 10.5hp what looks to be a B&S engine. The 36" has a 15hp Kohler. retail price $1,299.99 (32").

Turfdude
02-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Try "below me"...

Actually Rod - I think he was lookin for B Low me! :waving:

Legacy
02-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I actually know someone who bought 2 of these machines last year (Bradley) and they like them a lot. Not an everyday machine but my buddy likes them for gated areas and uses them as a backup machine

AEW
02-19-2005, 04:15 PM
My local dealer got a few walk behinds last year and sold them and no complaints on them. For the price they seem like a good buy. I believe they had kawasaiki engines too. I am thinking about buying one since I need a small walkbehind for some properties of mine and they seem to be about as cheap as they come yet with no complaints thus far.

bobbygedd
02-19-2005, 05:31 PM
i just got the info packet. the 32" has a 10.5 briggs. it's on special for $1,299. and, i found out my dealer carries them. i just may grab one next week.

jpp
02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
I went to my dealer today and guess what I see. A redhawk mower. I was talking to the service manager and he said it is junk. First off it has a square deck, tires are the skinny ones, and when you go to engage the blades the rod does not even hit the actuator (sp). It is a weird set up for the blades. I don't think I have ever seen one with this type with the actuator. This is just my insight on seeing this. I have never operated it. Grass is dormant so could not use to cut.

packerbacker
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Ill stick to my first opinion and say they are junk. I seriously doubt under normal use by an LCO that mower would last more then 1 season. But...if you only do this part time then its perfect for you.

Travis Followell
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
I suggest that you run from them. Anything made in China is Junk. Period. May be okay for light use but for any kind of commercial use i'd say that you'd be throwing your money away.

mowdini
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
The Bradley Mower and now under a different name is made by the same company. The name of the company is Havener Industries or Manufacturing. They also make a cheap velke. The mower is manufactured in China--enough said about the mower.

dvmcmrhp52
02-21-2005, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Travis Followell] Anything made in China is Junk. Period.

You're kidding, right?

This is exactly the mentality the Chinese government enjoys.
Why?
Because they are thoroughly kicking our arses in many ways,
the quality of their products is often better than what the unionized workers of the manufacturing sector produce in this great country of ours.

Stop kidding yourself.

bobbygedd
02-21-2005, 07:06 PM
i can buy 2 32" mowers for what i'd pay for one from another brand. maybe if u take care of it?

packerbacker
02-21-2005, 07:13 PM
i can buy 2 32" mowers for what i'd pay for one from another brand. maybe if u take care of it?

Its not going to matter if you take care of it. They are made cheaply. No matter what you do to it the commercial abuse you put it through will tear it up.

gogetter
02-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Travis, and packerbacker and others that are knocking it, how much PERSONAL experience do you guys have with this mower????????? :rolleyes:

Travis Followell
02-21-2005, 08:12 PM
I've never used one and I really don't have to to know its a low quality machine. I have dealt with China made products before. The Chinese can't even make good quality hand tools much less high quality commercial grade lawnmowers. Thats just my 0.02.

dvmcmrhp52
02-21-2005, 08:42 PM
I've never used one and I really don't have to to know its a low quality machine. I have dealt with China made products before. The Chinese can't even make good quality hand tools much less high quality commercial grade lawnmowers. Thats just my 0.02.

When's the last time you've dealt with Chinese products?
What kind of mowers do you run?
Wanna bet there are chinese products hanging on those mowers?
What kind of car do you drive?
Wanna bet there are chinese products on it?
What kind of Appliances do you own?
Wanna bet..............Well you get it by now................hopefully..............
You can be proven wrong a thousand different ways.

This ain't your daddy's chinese products we're talking about, the products out of Asia are as high in quality or better than our own due to government subsidies and low wages.
Are there cheap junk products from overseas?
Yup.
Are there cheap junk products from America?
Yup.

It's time Americans woke up and smelled the coffee.............
Oh ya, that comes from overseas as well.

gogetter
02-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I've never used one and I really don't have to to know its a low quality machine.

Well, according to LS rules, you're really not supposed to comment on this mower then. So your 2 cents aren't even worth that.

packerbacker
02-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Travis, and packerbacker and others that are knocking it, how much PERSONAL experience do you guys have with this mower????????? :rolleyes:

None at all. Im going off what i read about them and how they look. How about you?

MMLawn
02-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I've never used one... Thats just my 0.02.

Since you really (as I don't either) any idea how these mowers may or may not perform then..........here's yur change back......0.02 :p

bobbygedd
02-22-2005, 09:33 AM
too much crap being talked here. i'm buying one next week. i don't care what u say. what the hell is $1300 anyway, that aint a decent bet on a hard 8

joe7588
02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
These are the same mowers that landscapersupply sells. Which used to be
blackrock mowers.

Fareway Lawncare
02-22-2005, 11:24 AM
From what I Understand Scag is Going to Sell Red Hawks as part of their line-up and market them as lower cost alternatives to their Pricier Walks...

In other Words...They're the Bargain Basement Line.

The Dude
02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
There is nothing worng with bargain basement. Hyundai makes a nice little car that fits into that niche for cars. Just because it is inexpensive doesnt mean that is it cheap or of poor quality.

1MajorTom
02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I have removed 3 pages of useless posts, I want this thread to remain on topic which is red hawk mowers.
Gedd if you do end up buying one, be sure to post some pictures and give feedback, like you did with the megmo blades.
Thanks,

Travis Followell
02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
too much crap being talked here. i'm buying one next week. i don't care what u say. what the hell is $1300 anyway, that aint a decent bet on a hard 8
If you do buy one definately give us some feed back on it. Who knows, it may be an ok machine for $1300. I guess we'll find out.

J.Gordon
02-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Bobby if these are made in China, Wal-Mart will be selling them soon. You could even get them on a red light special. :D :D

Fareway Lawncare
02-23-2005, 12:25 AM
All I have to Do is Look at the Pic of the Red Hawks to Tell You they're Second Rate....

If that Rule Breaking...So Be it.

dvmcmrhp52
02-23-2005, 06:21 PM
All I have to Do is Look at the Pic of the Red Hawks to Tell You they're Second Rate....

If that Rule Breaking...So Be it.

Really?
Please explain oh great one.................. :)