PDA

View Full Version : Mychorrhizal fungi?

KathysLGC
02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Any one have experience with this? I've been reading a lot about on the net but I'm not sure to believe the hype or not.

muddstopper
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Grn Mtn
02-23-2005, 06:32 AM
I used Bioplex 4-in-1 last year on some pretty tuff landscapes. This product has the fungi which stimulates expanded root growth with its own, water absorbing gel balls, organic slow release fert, and something to help the plant on a cellular level. I was planting on Keuka lake, which is all shale and clay, and since the incline was too steep for the Dingo to make it up I had to place the composted topsoil by 5gal bucket :dizzy: Needless to say I only put down about 3", well after the whole summer I think I lost only about 5 out of 300 plants. Those that I did lose were perennials divided from a quart container.

So yes I think the fungi does help

Grn Mtn
02-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Whats up with your signature banner saying crap like you've just jacked my computer and gimmie all your money! Thats some dangerous territory your treading in, I would suggest you stop running your spy program.

Norm Al
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
have you seen if chlorine in the water will kill the fungi when you water it in?

Grn Mtn
02-23-2005, 12:03 PM
have you seen if chlorine in the water will kill the fungi when you water it in?

Good question, however, I can't say because it was lake water that watered in the plants.

Grn Mtn
02-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Whats up with your signature banner saying crap like you've just jacked my computer and gimmie all your money! Thats some dangerous territory your treading in, I would suggest you stop running your spy program.

Okay, what just happened. now I don't see the picture in the signature. Did you have it and removed it, or is there spy crap on this site? Anyone??

This is the fist time I have noticed something like this since Sept '04

KathysLGC
02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
I used Bioplex 4-in-1 last year on some pretty tuff landscapes. This product has the fungi which stimulates expanded root growth with its own, water absorbing gel balls, organic slow release fert, and something to help the plant on a cellular level. I was planting on Keuka lake, which is all shale and clay, and since the incline was too steep for the Dingo to make it up I had to place the composted topsoil by 5gal bucket :dizzy: Needless to say I only put down about 3", well after the whole summer I think I lost only about 5 out of 300 plants. Those that I did lose were perennials divided from a quart container.

So yes I think the fungi does help

This is the feed back I was looking for. Thanks

KathysLGC
02-23-2005, 02:03 PM

I've been getting flack from it a while now. People are paranoid. It's a mirror. It only shows you your info. No one else can see it.

Grn Mtn
02-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I've been getting flack from it a while now. People are paranoid. It's a mirror. It only shows you your info. No one else can see it.

If thats the case its a pretty cool tool, however, poor choice of words on the one mirror that pissed me off.

I do hope you try the BioPlex if you plant allot in tuff situations, it adds about $1 to the cost of the plant, so its easy to get that cost absorbed. The way I figure is its a safe bet for your dollar. I am going to find out about the chlorine thing though.