PDA

View Full Version : When big trucks break down

pjslawncare/landscap
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
What do you have in place if your big truck (2 ton +) breaks down? I have AAA on my personal vehicles, but they wont help on my big trucks. Luckily my big truck hasent let me down, but Im sure the day will come.

Soupy
02-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Call around and find out which towing companies can handle your needs. Then place their phone number in the glove box of that truck.

jim dailey
02-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Call around and find out which towing companies can handle your needs. Then place their phone number in the glove box of that truck.

I have done a lot of towing in my time. Some with AAA and most elsewhere. AAA can't handle it, but will telephone shop for you. Takes a lot of time. Be smart...make a deal with someone local who can look at the truck and who knows how to handle it. A 6 wheel dump goes on a carrier easily...just check total height. Get with the local guy for good insurance.

Groundcover Solutions
02-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Well when it happens to us it sucks! We have towing company that dose our work and they respond quickly. One day I pulled out of a parking lot after a job and for some reason when I turned two bolts holding a torshin bar were cut right in half so my rear axel the one right before the lift axel was able to move from side to side. i did not notice untill I went to do a Michigan left and smelt burrning rubber from my tire scraping the side of the frame. Called the tow co. they came and could not tow me due to the fact that they could not tow from the front and we have alot of expensive equipment located in the back so they could not do a tow from the back. So the guy calls the office they located a mobile truck repair guy and they send him my way and don't charge for coming out. we had to turn the truck untill the axel was back in place and put a couple of new bolts on and we were on our way.

Metro Lawn
02-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Groundcover:
what tow company do you use?