PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do a set of rear tires last on a WB or ZTR?

CharlieBingo
02-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes,I'm a little bored but I've often wondered this. So how many hours barring gashing the tire open; how long before it is bald?

Richard Martin
02-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I've seen people go through gear drive tires in a few hundred hours. A lot of people like to turn the mowers sideways on the trailer and it's easier to do if the tires are spinning. I've got somewhere between 800 and 1000 hours on my gear drive Metro and the tires are fine. I expect to get around 1500 hours out of the tires on my Dixie.

65hoss
02-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I have a 99 encore hydro w/b with the original tires on it. They are in need of replacement soon.
The 2000 Lazer HP I sold to a friend has over 1000 hours on the meter now and the tires still have lots of hours left on them.
My 2000 Metro's tires still look like new.
I do my turning mostly in the grass, the more you do on concrete or ashphalt the shorter their life.

CamLand
02-17-2005, 11:18 AM
I have a 2001 ZTR with the original tires and 1500 hours and they still have good tread,the thing is slowing down when turning to get on trailer...

Mowingman
02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
I believe that 1000hrs is possible, depending on your conditions. I have never got the full tread linf out of any tire, as I always ruin them before the tread is gone, by running over junk. My conditions are pretty bad, as I mow a landfill, and a lot of city-owned properties where trash, like beer bottles, are everywhere. I have got over 600hrs on some ZTR tires, and the tread looked like it would go a lot longer.
In our mower sales operation, we had a guy buy a ZTR last summer in June. In Sept., he called wanting warranty on his rear tires. He had only 176hrs on the machine, and the tires were worn nearly slick. We had to nicely tell him to modify his "machine operating procedures", and that no warranty adjustment would be available. :rolleyes:

kipcom
02-17-2005, 12:28 PM
That really depends on several factors.....

Terrain- Turf - etc.

I have had tires last 2 seasons...others have had so many punctures they didnt last 2 months.

Roger
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm putting new tires on my Exmark Viking this off-season. It has been used eight seasons, averaging at least 800 service hours per season. Therefore, it has well over 6,000 hours of use. The Turf Saver tires still had some tread, but I got a good deal on new tires, so am making a change.