PDA

View Full Version : What's This?

jrodgers
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know what this is exactly? I bought it from my Lesco dealer for $500 because it has a 8hp Honda motor powered compresser. I think it has to do with blowing fertilizer or something. It was sitting around there for years, I figured just the motor alone was worth $500. I put it on the trailer so I could move it around. It could be used like a mobile compresser.

pjslawncare/landscap
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Its not a sand blaster, is it?

FrankenScagMachines
02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey PJ, I looked at the pics earlier and the word sandblaster never even crossed my mind... it does resemble one! Looks in nice condition. I can't think what it could be but maybe a sandblaster.

Horsesbutt
02-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Very similiar to device local monument sellers use to blast dates/etc onto
cemetery headstones. No doubt worth what u gave.

jrodgers
02-17-2005, 12:19 PM
A little more of a describtion: It has a hopper on it, and underneath the hose connects to it and there is a valve that you turn (yellow valve) on and I guess the product comes out. My Lesco dealer gave me a vauge description that is was some kind of machine that they use down south to blow fertilizer into trees or something like that. This thing is brand new and has never been used. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with sand blasting, but it would seem like it. I was thinking if anything I'll cut the hopper off and use it as a mobile compresser, but I dont want to ruin the thing if it is wroth more whole.

impactlandscaping
02-17-2005, 03:10 PM
It's probably for micro injecting trees in the drip line. I would think it may have enough pressure to run an air a spade or horizontal boring tool. Good deal for $ 500.00 no matter what you do with it!