PDA

View Full Version : Dump Kit?

meathead1134
02-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey guys,
I was wondering does anybody know where I can find a dump kit for a 3/4 ton truck. I know there are dump inserts out there but I want to make the bed of a pickup truck dump like a dump truck. I will need everything, I can't seem to find them :help: . Also does anybody know how much they cost? I will be buying a truck in the next coming months. I would appreciate any information that I can get. Hold on guys it's almost spring :cool2:

Jason Pallas
02-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Try Northern Tool - I think they have a website (Northerntool.com - maybe?). They have the conversion/dump kits. They run about $1000 and they're fairly easy to install - little bit fo welding, drilling, wiring, etc.... Good luck. Do a search on this website (lawnsite) - there have been several threads in the last year or so about this topic.

pjslawncare/landscap
02-17-2005, 11:03 AM
I got mine at Northern Tools. I converted a F-250 into a flatbed and put a norther hoist under it. They make the kits for a regular pick-up bed too, but I went with a 9' flatbed cause the regular pick-up bed is too light duty and will get beat up with what I wanted to do. My kit was $1300 four years ago and it still works great. Looked a bit light duty, but it lifts quite well. You must have access to a welder, but it took a week end to install.

FrankenScagMachines
02-17-2005, 11:04 AM
From what i'm told, the kit to make your pickup bed dump is not the best way to go, as the pickup bed is not strong enough to handle it. Its fine when its bolted to the frame, but the lift kit does not support it in all of the same spots, and when you put extra pressure in less places (and not as good of spots) then it will warp and bend the bed. you could have it reinforced at a welding shop, but a used dump insert would be a lot better of a choice, and much tougher too... Just my opinion.

meathead1134
02-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Kool, my best friend owns a body shop for 18 wheelers. It shouldn't be to hard for him to do, he does great work. I'd also have him fabricate some sort of brace also to reinforce the bed.

Eddie B
02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Theres the Tractor Supply Co. in Dover DE, about an hour from Rehoboth on Rt 13. If you call them they can point you in the right direction. Not sure if i'm allowed to post the phone # here... you can email me for it. minivan_racer@hotmail.com

Eddie B
02-17-2005, 01:42 PM
wait... you don't live in maryland do you. lol

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
What about the inserts. The dump bodys that go inside the actual bed.

They make those in steel and aluminum.

googles
12-22-2005, 02:04 PM
I have the dump kit on my silverado pickup. i dont like it because it weak. they make it seem like you can dump a lot of weight. you cant. i cant dump more then a yard of dirt. its only good for leaves and light mulch. plus everything gets hold up by the wheel wells. plus if you are loaded with to many wet leaves or just too much weight you still have to dig it out of bed plus you can put gas in the dump because you have to now lift the bed to do it. buy a dump truck