PDA

View Full Version : PITA costs $$

pjslawncare/landscap
02-17-2005, 09:54 AM
This lady wants her beds mulched with dark hardwood so I picked up mulch and start work. Every thing going smooth, she pulls in and comments how nice every thing looks. 2 pm Im half way thru but I must quit for the day cause Im solo this time of year and I have to go pick up the kids from school, Will finish tomorow. Latter that night lady calls saying she thinks theres "manure" in the mulch. Her & her neighbor got to looking at it and became convinced it was mixed with manure. Despite my assurance that theres no manure in that mulch, she insists that I stop untill she gets the mulch checked out. Things started getting a little heated when she blurts out "You should know better". I informed her to go ahead & have it checked, but I will charge extra for the uneccessary delay as I have to deal with a half loaded truck & all. Well a few days go by, then she calls and leaves a message "Well I guess there isnt manure in this mulch, please finish the job". Well I felt like putting her off for a week or two, but I had to empty my truck so I finish the job. Lady never came out again while I was there. Of course I send the bill with the added $75 a day for each day I was delayed (4 total). Expecting a hassel over the delay charge, I was surprised yesterday when I received the check in full.

FrankenScagMachines
02-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Wow... it would take guts to send a lady a bill for that, but it is her fault. I'm very surprised she paid it.. well good for you, now hope that check is good!

bobbygedd
02-17-2005, 10:04 AM
one out of 26,000 with a set of gonads. thank you sir, for a job well done

Green lawns
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Sometimes it seems like the customers know more than we do! Glad it all worked out for the best.

Gene $immons
02-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I would think the cost of being down for an entire day would be more than $75.

gogetter
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
How did you arrive at $75? Obviously you were just charging for the inconvenience of putting you off and for you having to haul a load of mulch around in your truck for a few days, but I'm just curious how you came to $75?

Precision
02-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Good work.

Run and cash it.

Now you and bobby are buds for ever.

but seriously, congrats on having a pair and following up on charging a PITFA for her habit. If more people would call them on it less of them would exist.

pjslawncare/landscap
02-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I would think the cost of being down for an entire day would be more than $75.
It didnt cause me to be down, just a hassle.

[gogetter - How did you arrive at $75? Obviously you were just charging for the inconvenience of putting you off and for you having to haul a load of mulch around in your truck for a few days, but I'm just curious how you came to $75?]

No rhyme or reason, $75 is half of what my shop charges to rent a commercial mower for a day and $75 seemed to work for me.

Mo Green
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I think $75 per day is good enough for a wake up call. Good job on putting her in her place.