PDA

View Full Version : Spring letter

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Soupy, I made some changes, check out my new letter. Thanks

SOMM
02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
great letter to the existing customer base!

i like it alot. very friendly and hospitable

regards

MMLawn
02-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Dude, go back in there and black out your name, address and phone number as there are lots of freaks on the web.

Lux Lawn
02-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Landscaper
Do you have any type of logo yet?

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
No, I don't. I need one though

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 04:59 PM
How do I go back in and black it out? Could a mod do that for me? Thanks

promower
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Looks good but shouldnt the "sincerely" and your name be on the left side and not the right?

LB1234
02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I like your letter. Similar to something we send out every year...Anyway...

IMHO, I would replace the sentence were you say something like "due to inflation" with something like "Unfortunately, the increase in operating costs will..." or "Due to the increase in fuel costs we are forced to..."

I dunno, this is just my opinion perhaps others disagree?.?.?

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Does the name go on the left, I thought it was on the bottom right. I dont know.

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I was just looking at some other letters. It seems like it can be on either side, but I think it looks better on the left. Thanks

nriddle77
02-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Great letter. I'm about to do the same here. I am going to tell my customers that I'll be aerating for them unless they say otherwise. This gives me something to offer that almost everyone here wants.

Also, as far as price increases, I don't think you should seem appologetic as someone suggested. I might mention something specific such as rising costs of fuel and insurance, without going into too much detail. There are lots of great threads here on LS about how to raise prices, so I know others have different ways of doing this.

I'm also going to send a postcard to all my one-time customers, thanking them for their buisness and offering my services.

Anyway, good luck with your letter and have a great 2005 season!

Gene $immons
02-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Its an OK letter, I wouldn't say its GREAT.

Most customers will only see the increase in price.

jpp
02-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Just curious on something. Are you going to address each letter to everyone of your custmers. I guess what I am asking is this:

Joe Smo
1314 address
Uno, Alaska, 43121

Are you going to type in each customers name and address into the letter and print off a letter for each individual customer. IM0 I would just go with Dear Valued Customer, Or Dear Current Customer, and then just go to a kinko's and make however many copies you need. You will already have their address on an envelope. If you do this way, then move your date to the left and move you Sincerely and your name to the left then you should be ok. Just my .02 but eveybody has .02.

JP

MacLawnCo
02-17-2005, 08:14 PM
dont assume anything. you should merge the two sentences regarding your new service offerings. last, dont blame your price inreases on inflation... at best it may have been 3% this year... id imagine you are going to exceed that amount.

mtdman
02-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't give a reason at all. All you have to say is "Your rate for services this season will be $ per cut" or whatever and leave it at that.

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 09:13 PM
When I get a chance I am going to go back over with some of your comments and then ill post it again

Thanks everybody

stumper1620
02-17-2005, 10:20 PM
When I get a chance I am going to go back over with some of your comments and then ill post it again

Thanks everybody
remember to black out your personals next time.
catch jodi and have her kill the personal stuff or kill the attachment and you can repost after. :D

The landscaper
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
How do I do that?

txcamper
02-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Adding to JP's comments:

You can use MS Word and do a form letter and each copy you print will go through your address book and insert their name and address info. Not quite sure how this works but I know it's there. Just use the Letter Wizard.

Robert

gogetter
02-19-2005, 02:21 AM
How do I do that?

I haven't done it myself yet, but I think you go into the User CP (green bar above, to the left) and there is a button for editing any attachments that you've ever posted. I think you just go into that and remove the attachment. Then make whatever changes you want, and hide any info you want and repost it in a new thread.

Again, I haven't done it, but I think that's how it's done.