PDA

View Full Version : blower placement on trailer (locked)

MSmith
02-17-2005, 02:48 PM
How are some of you storing your blowers in your trailers. I just bought a nice Weedeater rack that locks, and I am trying to figure out how to secure my blower. It is too big for my tool box in the back of my truck, and I am getting tired of spending money, but yet know I got to secure my equipment.

LB1234
02-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Most landscape supply stores or mower shops sell blower racks. I've seen them anywhere from $60 to $80. FYI...these racks were for an enclosed trailer.

MMLawn
02-17-2005, 03:08 PM
You didn't say but I'll assume it is an open trailer. If so and you don't want to buy another rack for the BP just buy a cable lock and run it through the trailer rail and the handle at the top of the BP.

MImowerkid
02-17-2005, 03:32 PM
what good does the cable do , you could just come up with a hand saw and cut throught plastic on the blower and walk away with it . I would spend the extra bucks and do it the right way.

MMLawn
02-17-2005, 03:38 PM
what good does the cable do , you could just come up with a hand saw and cut throught plastic on the blower and walk away with it . I would spend the extra bucks and do it the right way.

Spoken just LIKE a true know it all 15 year old KID. Well, 1) most crooks don't carry handsaws and in the time it would take someone to cut through that with that saw surely you would hear and see them since you would be on the job ;) . 2) ALL locks and locking systems are for honmest people only as they ALL can be opened! :dizzy:

MImowerkid
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I am not trying to be smart or something but I just don't know where on the blower you would be placing the cable through. I know that on my blower , I cannot put a cable through anything but plastic, (their is no metal that can have a cable put through it )so I am reffering to cutting a slot in the blower not in the cable . I could walk up to the trailer and in 30 sec. be walking away with the blower by just cutting plastic with a hack saw max 15 sec. or so. I don't know what your situation is like , but on one of my commercial accounts I could be 1/4 mile away from my trailer at any time . Again I don't want to be a smartass or anything but unless their is a way to secure the cable through metal it is just not a realistic way of securing it . I agree , all locks can be broken but plastic is easier to cut than metal !

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Mowerkid, How are u 15 and drive?

MImowerkid
02-17-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't drive yet, I bought a hitch for my dad's truck and he drives me to all of my traveling accounts in exchange for some quality time(don't play sports or other things so mowing is like him waching me play basketball or something but instead he grabs a weedwacker) Most,3/4 of my accounts are near to my house but I also service 3 local communties that my dad drives me too . I will be getting my licence early this year so I will releave my dad of driving duty.

MImowerkid
02-17-2005, 04:08 PM
did that make any sense?

lawnguyland
02-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Man MIMowerkid, are they giving you a hard time. Don't worry we're not all like that. I thought you made a good point. Some guys just like to judge without knowing a thing. Let them assume all they want. You handled yourself well. Ignore the foolishness.

stumper1620
02-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I am not trying to be smart or something but I just don't know where on the blower you would be placing the cable through. I know that on my blower , I cannot put a cable through anything but plastic, (their is no metal that can have a cable put through it )so I am reffering to cutting a slot in the blower not in the cable . I could walk up to the trailer and in 30 sec. be walking away with the blower by just cutting plastic with a hack saw max 15 sec. or so. I don't know what your situation is like , but on one of my commercial accounts I could be 1/4 mile away from my trailer at any time . Again I don't want to be a smartass or anything but unless their is a way to secure the cable through metal it is just not a realistic way of securing it . I agree , all locks can be broken but plastic is easier to cut than metal !
If that 603 is like my 602 then you can wrap a cable thru the cradle then up thru the top back around to be locked. i will promise you that blower would be junk by the time that cradle got cut in all the spots required to free it.
I know this because I run a chain thru my gas cans & my blower cradle.
:D

DennisF
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I have my blower racks on the front of the (open) trailer. The BR-400 is on the right front corner since I use it most of the time. The Echo PB-750 is on the left front corner on it's own rack. I have all the string trimmers, hedge trimmers and edgers on racks located on both sides of the trailer. All of the tools that I use the most are on the curb side (right side) so that I don't have to step out into the road to get a tool.

SReaves
02-17-2005, 09:08 PM

I have worked in loss prevention for 5 years catching shoplifters before I started doing landscaping and have never heard of a thief cutting the tool. The purpose of taking the tool is to get quick money and if they cut it then they won't get anything for it.