PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Classic vs. regular gear drive

pcguy
02-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm looking to add a 36 inch walkbehind. After visiting every dealer in my area, I have decided that the Bobcats not only had the best prices in my area but also the dealer I've know since I was 10. I have personally looked at the 36 inch "Classic" and got a fantastic quote on one. Does anyone have one? What is the cut quality and durability? My dealer said the main differences were single cylinder engines, slightly smaller tires and a narrower drive belt. Any info/opinions would be appreciated.

P.S.- with respect to all those who love Exmark, their dealer in my area for those is a real jerk so I won't buy from him.

mkwl
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Get a Bob-Cat!!! I have a Bob-Cat 48" belt drive, w/15 HP Kawi V-Twin engine and I love it!!!!! I think the 36" Bob-Cat "Classic" would serve you very well!!! Your dealer is right with the differences between the "Classic" and the bigger and more commercial model (I have the more commercial "Professional Grade" model) Bob-Cat mowers have a quality of cut and stripe that are far superior to all other brands!!!! They are built like tanks!! Since you got a good quote on the "Classic" model, get it!!! A Bob-Cat mower will NOT let you down!!!! :waving:

Eddie B
02-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I like my BobCat 48"

Legacy
02-19-2005, 05:52 PM
The "Classic" sucks! If you get a BobCat get a real BobCat....they only put out the "Classic" for price!

If the "Claasic" was so great, they would have kept it in their lineup all along..

The single drive belt and the engine choices suck!!

Buy a real Bob-Cat or whatever and pay a little more money..Scag makes nice walk behinds!!

dishboy
02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
The "Classic" sucks! If you get a BobCat get a real BobCat....they only put out the "Classic" for price!

If the "Claasic" was so great, they would have kept it in their lineup all along..

The single drive belt and the engine choices suck!!

Buy a real Bob-Cat or whatever and pay a little more money..Scag makes nice walk behinds!!

That is the same mower that has been around for at least 20 years, a proven reliable machine. The only difference I see from my 92 is a peerless tranny intead of a variable speed gearbox. A 15 horse Kohler is a excellent engine IMO. The only thing sucking is your opinion.

Legacy
02-19-2005, 07:03 PM
If you knew what you were talking about you would know that there are much better choices on the market, updated models with double wide belts, better engines etc. heavier steel etc.. for not a whole lot more money!

Get a clue...

dishboy
02-19-2005, 07:20 PM
If you knew what you were talking about you would know that there are much better choices on the market, updated models with double wide belts, better engines etc. heavier steel etc.. for not a whole lot more money!

Get a clue...

Do you own the model you are slamming?
Why would you want a heavier mower, so you can make sure everybody knows your mowing pattern a month later? That kohler they offer is as good as anything on the market for durability. It has been said it's good to be sincere.......unless you are stupid!

BTW he asked about the Bobcat, not what I thought was the best mower available.

Legacy
02-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Do you own the model you are slamming?
Why would you want a heavier mower, so you can make sure everybody knows your mowing pattern a month later? That kohler they offer is as good as anything on the market for durability. It has been said it's good to be sincere.......unless you are stupid!

BTW he asked about the Bobcat, not what I thought was the best mower available.

Wow...you have to be secure in yourself to call yourself stupid...

You the man!!

dishboy
02-19-2005, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=dishboy]Do you own the model you are slamming?
Why would you want a heavier mower, so you can make sure everybody knows your mowing pattern a month later?

You have not answered the questions .........

Legacy
02-19-2005, 08:23 PM
PC was looking for OPINIONS....I gave mine and you gave yours....

I don't like single drive belts (major slippage) and I don't like the single cylinder Kohler engines (hard starting and a lack of power) Kohler's twin cylinder engines are just fine...again..my OPINION which is what PC asked for

Can we drop this now???