PDA

View Full Version : lawn care or landscaper

richmadmax
02-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I hope this is a good question and the senoir members won't attack me. Just want to know why some people go by lawn care and others go by landscaper.

TURF DOCTOR
02-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Try the search this has been talked about before.

richmadmax
02-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Try the search this has been talked about before.

Thanks, i just love when people say that. I have, could not find the answer. That why i don't many question here. I don't want to sound like an a__hole, But everthing about cutting grass and other stuff been talked about. Over and over. I just asked.

gogetter
02-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Lawn Care: usually refers to the applications end of things.

Landscaper: usually refers to installations

Lawn Maintenance: usually refers to maintaining the lawn and landscape.

richmadmax
02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
thanks that is what i needed.

MMLawn
02-17-2005, 08:22 PM
It's real simple really. Becasue it is two different things and types of service.

SoloMow
02-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I hope Lawn Service means Mow, Blow, and Go because that's what I usually do! :p Oh, okay! I always trim and edge, too. I've even been known to trim a shrub, but I avoid it like the measles. :cool:

touhey33
02-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Heres my take on this, most people who do landscaping have an education for it, or have worked for a company and have experience for it. There are more permits and liscenses involved in landscaping, but also bigger money. Lawn maintenance is an easier business to start, and you don't have to have an education or work for someone else to start. Although it definitley helps. This does not mean there isn't alot to learn as far as Lawn Maintenance goes especially if you get into ferts and pesticides.

lawnman_scott
02-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I dont like the search awnser either. New people come all the time. But can you immagine, search for landscaper and lawn care on this site? I bet you would get a hit or 2.