PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo/Kees

hoosier74
02-02-2001, 07:36 PM
I have been looking at buying a Y/K ZT max zero turn lawn mower. This particular brand never seems to get much publicitity on this message board. The ZT Max seems to be built just as well as the other brands on the market at a lower cost ($7500 for a 61" 25 Hp Kohler). Does anyone else in this forum mow with this machine? Any input would be appreciated.

Grassman
02-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Never used that machine but had a 23hp 3 wheeler that would'nt quit. Yazoo makes strong dependable machines but you won't find much on this forum unless its a DC or Lazer. Good luck, Russ

Davis TLC
02-02-2001, 08:04 PM
Welcome, hoosier74 to the best lawn care forum on the web. Let me start by saying, there are lots of different mowers represented here, besides DC and Exmarks. There are a few members who have the John Deere mid Z that is the same mower as the Yazoo/Kees. I looked at both the Kees and the John Deere before I bought my DC, I was not sure of the track record of these mowers being that they were new to the market. See I bought a mower that was a new design and manufacutor, had a bad experience with mowers that had not been out long enough to get all the bugs out. I'm sure they are a good machine, I see several cutters in my area using them.

[Edited by Davis TLC on 02-02-2001 at 08:07 PM]

Eric ELM
02-02-2001, 08:29 PM
hoosier74
Actually the price you gave isn't cheaper than some of the top brand names. I know the XW2503 Dixie Chopper is $7400 and it is a 60" with a 25HP. I'm sure Exmark has to be around that or cheaper, I'm not for sure, but I've been told they are lot cheaper than a DC.

MLS
02-03-2001, 01:31 AM
We used Y/K for as couple of seasons before we switched to Ferris. I think that for the pprice you could find a mower with a better deck design. The Y/K deck does not have as many baffles in it so therefore front blowout was really a problem when doing leaves. Other than that problem the machines were very tough aand dependable.

Richard Martin
02-03-2001, 03:44 AM
Kohler Equiptment in Upper Marlboro has the Lazer Z 25-60 for $7295.00. Why buy a Yazoo when you can have a Exmark?