PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on buying used Turf Tiger

newbomb
02-17-2005, 08:13 PM
My boss has 4 new JD 757's ordered. 2 arrived today.(so sweet). Any way he will have 4 turf tigers to sell. The rumor is they are usually sold for about $3500 each. The 2 at our location have 900 and 1100 hrs respectively. They are well maintained but are rentals. The point is they are surely abused. They are as I said maintained by qualified people. They are all 61" models with 25 hp Kohler engines. All run well and everything works. They need a little cosmetic work though.

I had hoped to pick one up to chase some larger work and stop walking. If I could get a year or maybe a little more out of one I could buy a new ztr and have work for it.

Any opinions? Price sound fair?

-Paul

lawn_jockey
02-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I am surrounded by one acre and 2 acre estates. I have one tiger cub and I am looking at picking up a turf tiger from a homeowner looking to upgrade after 800hrs. I went ahead and did some marketing for customers quoting my prices should I get the extra equipment. Well people are signing up left and right so even if I don't buy this mower I will buy a new one if I have to.

Make sure you can use the equipment should you invest in it. Or at least be able to sell it without going in the hole.

Travis Followell
02-18-2005, 07:29 PM
$3500 sounds fair for the 900 hour machine and maybe $3000 for the 1100 hour machine. That sounds pretty fair to me.