PDA

View Full Version : I guess Exmark is not coming back....

Carolina Cutter
02-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Has anybody noticed that its been quite awhile since the Exmark forum went to "making a few changes?"

Are they coming back or what? That was a great area for information and technical help.....can't believe they abandoned us like this......

1MajorTom
02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
They are still very much a sponsor of this site, that has not changed.
I am sure some changes are being made, sometimes these changes don't happen overnight.

Mark McC
02-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Sure is taking them a bloody long time. I've tried to PM/e-mail Terry half a dozen times lately, all to no avail.

Surely somebody with that company can spare two hours a week. We are their customers after all, right?

Cobra Jock
02-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Who needs Excrap anyway?POS

1MajorTom
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM

Really? This kind of post is not helpful to anyone. Have you even owned an eXmark? Tell us your personal experiences as to why you feel this way, instead of just saying something isn't good.

CamLand
02-18-2005, 09:27 AM

How about explaining yourself instead of bashing a very reputable company... :realmad:

65hoss
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Or take your 44 yr old immature self somewhere else.

To everyone else, contact Dustin or Fred. Terry is no longer at eXmark, thus the reason you are not getting any replies.

KathysLGC
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I was wondering when they where coming back also. One thing I hated was the post where moderated so you would have to wait till they (exmark) posted your post. I got a lot of usefull info from that section tho. Hopefully it will be back before cutting starts.

Shadetree Ltd
02-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I emailed customer service last Friday and got a reply on Sunday night no problem. My questions were answered.

Scott

crawdad
02-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I hope the Exmark forum isn't gonna disapear like the Gravely one did. The Gravely forum was the reason I came here in the first place.
Anyone needs info from threads in that forum, you'd better grab it before it's gone! You wouldn't want to go looking for it, to find that it is no longer accessable, like the Gravely info.

Crawdad

Cobra Jock
02-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Really? This kind of post is not helpful to anyone. Have you even owned an eXmark? Tell us your personal experiences as to why you feel this way, instead of just saying something isn't good.

I sold them, demoed them, and fixed a lot of them. I was the manager for a outdoor power equip. store. The bottomline: THEY ARE OVERPRICED. That's why are local dealer still has 03's on the floor! We also carried the Hustler line. Exmark pricing sure made it easy to sell Hustlers, I can definitely say that. The reason why, IMO, that tHey aren't on the board is they are counting their inventory now that the Hustler rebate started. Look, they cut good, if not great, and will last years if taken care of, but they aren't worth the asking price. I'm not a Hustler dealer and don't care what people buy. I personally have nothing to gain by slamming ex----ok, I don't want to upset 32 year old Hoss Cartwright! :D

Greg

locutus
02-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Who needs Excrap anyway?POSColon Jockey, have you ever owned or operated an Exmark? Bashing Exmark puts you in hostile territory here.

Cobra Jock
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Colon Jockey, have you ever owned or operated an Exmark? Bashing Exmark puts you in hostile territory here.

Mucus, Are you mad because you're one of the people who paid too much? payup

s and s mowing
02-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Mucus, Are you mad because you're one of the people who paid too much? payup

you are on wrong board,the jerk board is somewhere else.here the exmark dealer is a little lower than dixie,and about 1000.00 lower than hustler,so take your crap somewhere else.

Cobra Jock
02-18-2005, 11:13 PM
you are on wrong board,the jerk board is somewhere else.here the exmark dealer is a little lower than dixie,and about 1000.00 lower than hustler,so take your crap somewhere else.

Check your negotiating skills! :cry: You paid too much dude

Fareway Lawncare
02-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Personally I could Care Less if I pay a few Hundred More for a Piece of Commercial Equipment that will Last Thousands of Hours and Generate Thousands of Dollars and Provide Tax Write-offs...

I Guess if you are Low Rent Scum..These things Matter.

thor
02-18-2005, 11:19 PM
children............................................................................................ ............

MMLawn
02-18-2005, 11:19 PM
I don't buy or use Hustler or eXmark....but I guess I do support eXmark kinda since I buy Toro and they own X :p ....I get great deals on Toro better then either one of the others for the same basic setup and the new solid 7Ga deck and the last time I checked the others were both still running 7/10

Cobra Jock
02-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Personally I could Care Less if I pay a few Hundred More for a Piece of Commercial Equipment that will Last Thousands of Hours and Generate Thousands of Dollars and Provide Tax Write-offs...

I Guess if you are Low Rent Scum..These things Matter.

Fairyway, I appreciate your profound insight! payup You paid too much!

Richard Martin
02-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Mucus,I don't want to upset 32 year old Hoss Cartwright,Excrap anyway?POS

Isn't it ironic that this guy is from Niceville FL?

MOlawnman
02-19-2005, 12:40 AM

Well said!!

Oldtimer
02-19-2005, 03:38 AM
I didn't know there was an eXmark dealer in Niceville Florida.

Fareway Lawncare
02-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Fairyway, I appreciate your profound insight! payup You paid too much!

I Don't Usually Respond to These Types of Posts but that Response Deserves Kudos.

Congrats and God Bless Cobra Jock.

Turf Dancer
02-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Terry is no longer with Exmark! I called a couple weeks ago to ask him about some info he and I were discussing regarding a dealer problem and they told me he was no longer with Exmark. I am tired of dealer issues so I am thinking hard about selling my Exmark LZHP and buying a Toro or Hustler.

GarPA
02-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Terry is no longer with Exmark! I called a couple weeks ago to ask him about some info he and I were discussing regarding a dealer problem and they told me he was no longer with Exmark. I am tired of dealer issues so I am thinking hard about selling my Exmark LZHP and buying a Toro or Hustler.

I have nothing but good things to say about my Exmark machines. The dealer issue, like you Turf Dancer will however make me buy another brand the next time. In fact now, I drive way out of my way to get service in order to avoid the dealer I bought them from when new. LEPCO is our distributor here in the Md, Pa, areas and they also know we have a major problem with one of their dealers as many of us have sent letters to them and Exmark as well...yet no improvements have occured with this arrogant, and customer-unfriendly dealer. It really left a bad taste in my mouth when the majority of landscape people say the same thing for years and yet nothing is done about it.
So bye bye Exmark the next time I want to spend money

Turf Dancer
02-19-2005, 05:00 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about my Exmark machines. The dealer issue, like you Turf Dancer will however make me buy another brand the next time. In fact now, I drive way out of my way to get service in order to avoid the dealer I bought them from when new. LEPCO is our distributor here in the Md, Pa, areas and they also know we have a major problem with one of their dealers as many of us have sent letters to them and Exmark as well...yet no improvements have occured with this arrogant, and customer-unfriendly dealer. It really left a bad taste in my mouth when the majority of landscape people say the same thing for years and yet nothing is done about it.
So bye bye Exmark the next time I want to spend money

I could not agree more, the sad part it that the dealer says his high Exmark prices are due to the distributor. He is also the dealer that has lower prices on Toro mowers. Their Exmark parts are higher that heck and they are not stocking hardly any Exmark parts! They want $97 for the air filter for the LZHP I bought last year. I bought it from another dealer that is 240 miles away. I was not willing to spend over $2500 more for the mower and bagging system. Maybe a couple hundred more but not $2500 more. I told them that I thought that they were screwing me on the parts because I did not get the mower from them. They told me that Exmark parts were just higher. I could continue to buy Exmarks from the same dealer I got the other from but they are so far away. I think I am going to switch to Toro or something else.