PDA

View Full Version : What not to do

lawnguyland
02-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Don't be like this (alleged) jerk. Disopse of and use pesticides properly as it affects us all in the end.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lipest184149545feb18,0,7706876.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

Also, I hope they do ban sales of pesticides to homeowners and only sell to licensed guys who would be allowed to use them (lots of $ for us). Of course the link above demonstrates what even "certified" applicators can do. If he is responsible I hope he goes to jail. HOW DARE SOMEONE dump pesticides into my drinking water and eventually onto my beaches. Fudge that. What a dillhole.

lawnman_scott
02-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Why would they ban them for homeowners?

marko
02-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Sounds like a PO'd employee or ex employee got him. Sad to see, expecially since he was "organic".

lawnman_scott
02-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a PO'd employee or ex employee got him. Sad to see, expecially since he was "organic".
thats what I thought too.

daveyo
02-24-2005, 01:13 PM
although, I beleive homeowners play a part in improper use of pesticides and chemicals in general. I can tell you first hand they aren't the major contributors to envirionmental abuse of pesticides and chemicals. I could make a list as long as your arm in three seconds for criminal fines and charges handed down to corporations in environmental cases. It would make your head spin, i.e Foster Poultry Farms, violated the clean water act (CWA) by negligently discharging 11 million gallons of storm water with decomposed chicken manure into a wildlife refuge. Also violated the ESA by discharging water that eliminated the vernal pool tadpole shrimp. Companies dump toxic waste into sewer systems all the time and they dump directly into our waterways. If you want to make a point about pesticde abuse and such, we should all write our congressman . Unfortunately, since the bush administration we have seen a decrease in environmental enforcement as the bush adminisration cut the number of EPA enforcement by 12% and counting. Sorry about the long reply, however you hit on a subject in which I am directly involved with. also, I am not directly bashing bush and am not a supporter of one party over another. I am just stating factual information that ecologists, wildlife managers and some sound environmental groups are well aware of.

David O'Donnell

lawnguyland
02-24-2005, 01:24 PM
although, I beleive homeowners play a part in improper use of pesticides and chemicals in general. I can tell you first hand they aren't the major contributors to envirionmental abuse of pesticides and chemicals. I could make a list as long as your arm in three seconds for criminal fines and charges handed down to corporations in environmental cases. It would make your head spin, i.e Foster Poultry Farms, violated the clean water act (CWA) by negligently discharging 11 million gallons of storm water with decomposed chicken manure into a wildlife refuge. Also violated the ESA by discharging water that eliminated the vernal pool tadpole shrimp. Companies dump toxic waste into sewer systems all the time and they dump directly into our waterways. If you want to make a point about pesticde abuse and such, we should all write our congressman . Unfortunately, since the bush administration we have seen a decrease in environmental enforcement as the bush adminisration cut the number of EPA enforcement by 12% and counting. Sorry about the long reply, however you hit on a subject in which I am directly involved with. also, I am not directly bashing bush and am not a supporter of one party over another. I am just stating factual information that ecologists, wildlife managers and some sound environmental groups are well aware of.

David O'Donnell

I'll bash Bush for you. Limiting my bashing to his environmental policies only ,as to not lead to a political shouting match, I say boo hiss on the enviroment GW, boo hiss.

I agree that there is no enforcement of pest. regs here. (nothing to do with Bush). I see illegal apps going on ALL THE TIME. I've been in this bus. 20 yrs and have never ever ever seen a DEC guy enforcing a damn thing. Ever.

Does anyone realize how much more $ us certified apps could make if there were actual enforcement of the laws? Demand for us goes thru the roof! Anyone? Bueller?