PDA

View Full Version : pricing an exmark

bettergrass
02-18-2005, 06:40 PM
sorry this may be the wrong spot or over used but i was wondering what some of you guys payed for the following

exmark viking 36....i was quoted 4000 plus tax

exmark tthp 36....was quoted 4400 plus tax

please post what youve been quoted

dvmcmrhp52
02-18-2005, 08:23 PM
As an Exmark owner and user it is with great pain that I make this statement.

I believe Exmark is on the verge of pricing themselves into a position of irrelevance.
I am a firm believer in the quality and corporate service that exists from them, however the commercial mower field has grown considerably with many of them offering the same quality and levels of service that used to be exclusive to exmark.
I just priced a 48" floating deck,hydro walk behind.
One an exmark, the other from a reputable and equally competitve manufacturer of a different brand.
My conclusion.........Maybe not an Exmark this time around............

treemeat
02-18-2005, 08:38 PM
dv:
I feel your pain. I just priced a 48tthp 19hp elec with accelerator catcher for over 5,800. What annoys me is the machine doesn't even come with an hour-meter, and also the blade engagement is manual so it should be cheaper. I could get a nice ztr for that. I just doesn't look like $6000 sitting there. Most mowers use the same components anyways. It makes me want to build my own dam* mower.

what is even worse is that when I average the expense over the life of the mower(3000hr), at $2 an hour, I am actually justifying it to myself. I am pretty much convinced that an exmark is necessary for my bus to be top-notch . . . I hope something better comes along that is cheaper. :cry:

Cobra Jock
02-18-2005, 09:21 PM
As an Exmark owner and user it is with great pain that I make this statement.

I believe Exmark is on the verge of pricing themselves into a position of irrelevance.
I am a firm believer in the quality and corporate service that exists from them, however the commercial mower field has grown considerably with many of them offering the same quality and levels of service that used to be exclusive to exmark.
I just priced a 48" floating deck,hydro walk behind.
One an exmark, the other from a reputable and equally competitve manufacturer of a different brand.
My conclusion.........Maybe not an Exmark this time around............

I totally agree. I use to work at a Hustler/Exmark dealer (We sold both). I sold 22 Hustlers versus 0 Exmarks in 9 months. Exmark has a major problem IMO, and its price. They cut great and will hold up well if taken care of, but so do other brands. You can bet that the Exmark execs are crying now that the Hustler Rebate started again! payup
Greg

Kelly's Landscaping
02-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Not such a big deal over here we got scag and exmark and scag costs more so here they seem like a bargain.

Turf Dancer
02-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Dealer quoted me $3700 for a 36" Viking and $4100 for a TTHP and we have no sales tax to worry about

splatz100
02-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Edit:***ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION***

Craig T
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
treemeat,

If your interested, I have a used 36 TTHP.
PM me or send me an e-mail if interested.

Craig

treemeat
02-19-2005, 12:41 AM
craig:

It won't let me pm . . .

I'm interested, maybe you could e-mail me?

jesseschlenker@hotmail.com

thanks

Lawn Dog2001
02-19-2005, 01:36 AM
I am in the middle of dealing with the same problem. High Exmark prices. I dont even mind paying the extra money if I get everything I want out of a machine. But with Exmark its not the case. Here are some prices I just got recently.

48" Viking $4280

48" TT 17 HP $4951

48" TT 19HP elec start $5287

None of these come with an hour meter, and all of these prices have gone up since Aug 2004 which was the last time I priced mowers. An hour meter and elec start is standard on a lot of other comparable makes for a lot less money.

I am going to end up with one of the two mowers very soon.

48" 17HP Lesco floating deck. Comes standard with elec start, elect PTO, and hour meter. Lesco sale price $3599

48" Husqvarna 18HP with all the same standard features $4527

I am very close to choosing the Lesco. Iam going to check out the Husky tomorrow. What bothers me most of all is if you set all three mowers side by side, its obvious that both Husky and Lesco have more into their mowers than Exmark does. Yet Exmark is a womping $1700 more than the Lesco, and $800 more than the Husky. Thats not right.

Its almost sad. There will be a new machine on my trailer this season, and its most likely not going to red for the first time since 2000.

bettergrass
02-19-2005, 02:26 PM
man once again im going to start flip flopping from your responses lol...seems like this whole winter id get set on one mower and then id think about it and get set on another mower.

im gonna run up to the gravely dealer monday if there open and see how much they want for the same style mower as the viking and the tthp. ill post what quote me.

just a question....do most dealers leave room for negotiation.....ive only bought used mowers from private people, so ive never had to do this with a dealer.

Gautreaux's LNG
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Not such a big deal over here we got scag and exmark and scag costs more so here they seem like a bargain.

But with Scag you get the bang to go with the price tag! Exmark seems to be cutting back and increasing prices?

treemeat
02-19-2005, 07:10 PM
lawndog:

I was lookin at the Lesco too. I wish it had 19hp . . . The bad thing is I can't seem to get a demo from my Lesco dealer :mad: . . this turned me off, and also the fact that he can't give me a straight answer on whether it can bag and or mulch, also the Lesco website sucks. . . Do you know anything about it?

I just can't understand this dealer . . . .

Kelly's Landscaping
02-19-2005, 07:17 PM
But with Scag you get the bang to go with the price tag! Exmark seems to be cutting back and increasing prices?

Perhaps although I have never seen a scag cut as well it could be they are just hacks but it never fails despite how many hundreds of scags I have seen on lawns next to or near me. But the final reason I honestly cannot stand that color orange on any of my equipment. So I shall pass on them, dumb reason maybe but it looks as bad to me as if that had painted them pink with purple poke a dots.

Mo Green
02-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I priced a 48" Viking hydo for $4800. What a joke! Pull start, fixed deck, no hour meter. I am also considering the new Lesco. $3600 for a floating deck, electric start, hydo with an hour meter. It seems to be a no brainer.

khutch
02-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Just purchased 52" TTHP w/electric start, 17hp Kawi for $5088. Felt it was a fair price for a proven machine w/good dealer support. Price was as good or better than Scag (hate the color too) or Toro.

bettergrass
02-20-2005, 03:14 PM
thats how i feel right now....almost like i should put in the extra money for the exmark....i mean i really havent seen another machine stripe like it, exspecially a gravely which is my other option

grassman2001
02-20-2005, 04:05 PM
What exmark dealer are you going to here in the cincinnati area. From past experience I have found each dealer could give you different deals.

Lawn Dog2001
02-20-2005, 06:55 PM
lawndog:

I was lookin at the Lesco too. I wish it had 19hp . . . The bad thing is I can't seem to get a demo from my Lesco dealer :mad: . . this turned me off, and also the fact that he can't give me a straight answer on whether it can bag and or mulch, also the Lesco website sucks. . . Do you know anything about it?

I just can't understand this dealer . . . .

I demoed the 19hp 54 and the 17HP 48 twice. The only bag they will sell for the mower is the $500 acelerator. But for how cheap the mower is a 500 bag isnt a bad deal. My Lesco guy didnt seem to know a whole lot about the machine either. Originally he told me I could get a cloth Lesco bag, the he told me no bag would fit the mower. Then finally he called and checked and found out only the acelerator could be used. I have no idea about a mulch kit.

If you are considering it, it does seem to be a well built machine. The controls are actual Z controls. It really does manuver very well. The only down side I can see is thatyou can not tilt this machine back at all. That is the only thing holding me back from buying it. But for the price I might give it a try.

hillndale
03-13-2005, 02:37 PM
sorry this may be the wrong spot or over used but i was wondering what some of you guys payed for the following

exmark viking 36....i was quoted 4000 plus tax

exmark tthp 36....was quoted 4400 plus tax

please post what youve been quoted

I live in the "tax me", "rip me" state:

exmark viking 36 $4199. plus tax (before Apr 1)
exmark tthp 36 $4699. plus tax

toro 44" gear drive floating deck $3599.00 (3400. last season)