PDA

View Full Version : encore 48 $?

kickin sum grass
02-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Just curious on what an encore 48 zero rider with 18hp is worth. around 300 hrs owner by an old man who has passed.
I was thinking about it for another property of mine so I don't have to drag stuff over there all the time.
Any price ranges come to mind? It does look in good shape. Not sure of the year but not to old.

Travis Followell
02-18-2005, 07:53 PM
It would depend a lot on what kind of engine it has. If its a commercial grade engine then I would say the machine is worth $3500 in good condition.

Legacy
02-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Encore sucks in my opinion..not much better than homeowner quality!!

If you are dead set on that machine I wouldn't give more than $2500 to $3000 tops for it...

Not a top quality commercial machine!

packerbacker
02-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Encore sucks in my opinion..not much better than homeowner quality!!

If you are dead set on that machine I wouldn't give more than $2500 to $3000 tops for it...

Not a top quality commercial machine!

What sucks about it?

Legacy
02-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Not heavy duty machines...lighter wheel motors and pumps...not as heavy gage steel as the better brands...problems with parts and service.....etc.etc.

packerbacker
02-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Not heavy duty machines...lighter wheel motors and pumps...not as heavy gage steel as the better brands...problems with parts and service.....etc.etc.

I wont get into why i disagree but ill tell you this, ive got a Encore 36 with over 2000 hours on it and the only repair ive done to it is replace the blade belt twice. Ive also got a 48 with over 700 hours on it, ive replaced the blade belt once on it. Ive been running Encores for close to a decade now. Ive also used Exmark, JD and Bunton WBs and I have to say IMO they are built just as good and are ALOT easier to work on. But to each his own :)

Legacy
02-19-2005, 08:05 PM
For the money Encore is not bad..for the money...

To each his own..if it works for you...God bless!!

sanfordandsonfan
02-19-2005, 09:18 PM
I will agree about the Encore. I had a 32" 12.5 hp and it lasted me four seasons and I used the crap out of it. The only repair I made was the pull cord broke and a tire went flat (my fault). Sold it in my local paper for $500 when I was done. If I had more dealer support around me, I can guarantee my trailer and garage would be full of them.