PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes again!

AMAC
02-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Well, we are all getting geared up for the new season and I don't think I'm alone in saying that it can't come soon enough. Each year I have been in business, I get very motivated and worked up this time of year, then in Spring, reality hits like a ton of bricks. Don't get me wrong, I love this business but by late July to early Aug. I am burn't out and ready for a break! I am sure every one here is ready to get started and has already fired up the mowers, just to here the sound of the blades turning. I even went so far as to start cutting the back yard for a couple minutes in 36 degree temp. This year I plan to keep the motivation I feel right now, through the end of the season. Good luck to every one!

jasonnau
02-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I just mowed a couple of passes on my back yard just for the hell of it today.

lawncare4u
02-18-2005, 07:56 PM
It got it sooooo bad I pulled out a slinging blade and cut 2 achers of 12'' high grass before I really got tired.Next time I'll use a lawn mower! :p

dkeisala
02-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Seems like spring hits earlier and earlier every year here in the northwest. I've had customers complaining since Feb 1st that their grass needs to be cut. I've been putting lime down over the last week and every client has been mowed and edged as of today. In 10 years I've never had to cut a lawn until March. All the rain (what little we've got) has come over the weekend with the weekdays being sunny and beautiful and the weather has been in the 50's since the beginning of January. It's like living in northern California.

Forget what you've heard about all the rain we get here in the Pacific Northwest. The last few years, that just hasn't been true!

tiedeman
02-19-2005, 01:33 AM
I have seen that with the weather that you guys have been really dry lately out there. Now California,(southern) is getting hammered with rain.

Eho
02-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I totally agree with you; seems like every year by February I'm so excited bout the lawn care season. Then it seems like by Sept/Oct I cant wait for it to end. I love a job where I can work for 8 months, then get four months off to get ready. Already got two jobs lined up for next week and I cant wait.

MOW ED
02-19-2005, 06:57 AM
I am excited and am getting in shape for the season again but my weather alert is saying 5 to 7 inches of wet heavy snow tomorrow. I will continue to get in shape by shoveling snow.

You gents in the longitude and latitude closer to the equator are lucky. I like winter but it gets to be too much right about now.