PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for tank?

mwallingford
02-02-2001, 11:11 PM
Do any of you guys that spray have your skid mounted tank on a separate trailer instead of in the back of your truck. I have thought of doing this (just starting at spraying), because I will need the back of my trailer for grass clippings, etc., and I don't particularly want to keep unloading the tank all the time. My truck also has a dump bed.

Rodney Anderson
02-03-2001, 08:44 PM
I have my three tanks in a US Cargo trailer. 150 turf tank and a 50 specialized product tank and a 200 gallon tree tank. Works very well. I can keep all materials stored dry,out the way and can perform multi funtions at any given property without coming back another day. Mine is 16 ft.
I also mount a 600 gallon on a dandum for sub-surface feeding in the fall. I have convinced four local lawn and landscape guys to do it and they love it.

Getmow
02-06-2001, 05:36 PM
Rodney, What type of spry rig are you using with those tanks? Is there any room left in the trailer for seed and spreaders? Thanks
David

kutnkru
02-06-2001, 09:00 PM
I know of several outfits in our area who use enclosed 5x8's for hauling sprayers.

Kris

Rodney Anderson
02-08-2001, 01:53 PM
GetMOW mY TRAILER IS 16 FT. THE TANKS ARE MOUNTED ABOUT 4.5 ft, from the nose and about 2 Ft. beyond the rear axle and can get a whole pallet of fert in the back. In the fall I can get my large walk behind aerator in with two days of fertilizer. I have an abundant amount of space. I have old kitchen cabnets in the nose mounted on the walls. Normally I
put 500 to 900 lbs. of fert. and two Lesco spreaders and 200
lbs. of specialty products in the trailer.

Getmow
02-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info Rodney. I will be getting the 16' Haulmark I think. You have just set my mind at ease.