PDA

View Full Version : Which brake contoller?

lwcmattlifter
02-19-2005, 12:03 PM
My 8yr old Tekonsha Voyager quit working last week so it's time to get another one. Does anyone have the Tekonsha Prodigy? I really liked the Voyager but I am wondering if there are newer better controllers out there.

Premo Services
02-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Does anyone have the Tekonsha Prodigy?

I am using the Prodigy and it is working great. It is the first brake controller I have had, but doing goood.

D Felix
02-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I prefer the Drawtite digital controller myself. They are kinda pricey (~$80), but they are worth every penny.

Dan

Mower Man
02-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Prodigy is the best. No penduleum to adjust, it senses brake current and applies as needed, but drops off brake boost as you slow making it smooooth.
Also brakes in reverse. It's nice because it reduces tongue clunking, shaking the trailer, easier on brakes,

Has a self check error mode for hook ups, and three pulse modes that apply brakes soft, medium, or hard . Nice for differnt loads & conditions.

Guess you can tell I like mine on my '03 GMC Dura Max. Will be getting an '06 GMC Dura Max which will have it also unless it integeral.

Suggest also trying the cushioned drawbar....really takes the clunking noises away.