PDA

View Full Version : commercial accounts question

touhey33
02-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Quick Question, WHat percentage of your commercial accounts full service? Are most commercial accounts mow, blow, and go. Also does it matter if it is a smaller account or bigger account as to whether its full service, or just mow.

Flex-Deck
02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Most of mine are just mow and trim - got a couple of smaller ones (banks) that we fertilize, and weed control.

touhey33
02-19-2005, 06:33 PM
26 views does anyone else have an opinion on this

Groundcover Solutions
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I do service for landscap/maint. Companies. All companies that I do work for are full service providers. Inorder to land some of the larger accounts/higherend commercial accounts you need to provide all services. they are looking to get everything simplified into one bill wether you sub out your work or not is up to you. But being able to provide all the services is a major pluse to most commercial accounts.

Green lawns
02-19-2005, 07:33 PM
All of our commercial accounts are full service (we do everything) and only want to work with one company. Most are on a 12 month contract. Any other commerical accounts would be on seasonal and for us that would be 9 to 10 months out of the year.

ed2hess
02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
All our commericial accounts are Full service. In fact most of the money is made on the extra stuff that they want done. We put in a simple crushed stone path with stepping stones at one of our resturants. At some condo we do we put in flex drain lines to take care of drainage problems. Last year we fixed a hole in cedar fence. We learned from TG bid low, for mow get the account then participate in "change orders" . Yesterday we did some repair on irrigation system put down 7 yards of mulch. As the economy is getting better these commericial got all kinds of new ideas. One resturant demanded that we overseed rye in December to green up the lawn...we wanted to simply paint. I don't know how but it came up and looks great.

specialtylc
02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
90% of our commercial jobs are full service. Mow,fert, weed, prune, irrigation,mulch,etc. 20 acre to 1/4 acre properties. We have two large accts that include parking lot sweeping, sidewalk power washing, and snow plowing.

Lawrence Lawns
02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
The majority of people these days want complete ground maintenance. Not someone to mow, someone to applicate and someone to landscape. That's a plus on our end. As far as I know, We are the only company in our area to offer all 3. Most of the larger companies just do landscaping for their lawn customers, but none applicate. They have a local company like Tru Green come in and applicate. The more you can do, the better off you are. More accounts, more work, more money.

Precision
02-19-2005, 11:25 PM
full service,

one check to write, one person to blame, no finger pointing