PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Site Weed Control

CMerLand
05-11-2000, 01:30 PM
Would like to hear what you folks have used for bare ground (total) weed control for an industrial site. Currently considering Pramitol 25E and Hyvar XL after speaking with our suppliers.<p>Factors to be considered are<p>Liquid applications preferred to allow for application through back pack sprayers without agitation.<p>Low water tables on site with DEP monitoring wells all over the place.<p>Product must not &quot;move&quot; off site as a canal is located 35 feet off the back fenceline.<p>A six to 12 month residual control<p>Must get by clients environmental officer that currently allows only roundup.<p>Any suggestions and experiences with product will be apprieciated.<p>C Merrick<p><br>

AGG Lawn Maintenance
05-11-2000, 02:00 PM
I use Round Up it works great on weeds!!! Just watch that you do not spray it on any plants or grass. It is a total vegtation killer. Make sure you read directions on the back. You can't spray it on a windy or rainy day. Although I hear they have a new product called Roundup Pro dry you can spray it an hour before it rains. I haven't used that but check into it and let me know.<br>Good Luck :)<br>Travis <br>AG&G Lawn Maintenance

CMerLand
05-11-2000, 04:51 PM
AGG,<p>Veryyy familiar with roundup but will not work in this situation as it has no residual control which is desired. FYI Roundup Pro contains a surfactant which allows the product to more easily penetrate the leaves and has a rainfastness in two hours. It also has a higher concentration of glyphosate than roundup t/o. Have also used the roundup dry packs but very expensive compared to using the liquid concetrates. Thanks for your thoughts though.

lawrence stone
05-11-2000, 05:17 PM
Roundup pro mixed with Surflan.<p>http://www.dowagro.com/turf/weed_management/surflan.htm

Lazer
05-11-2000, 06:20 PM
We've used Pramitol. I've not used it on wide-open areas. We use it for crack & crevice treatments with excellent results. Didn't get good results in shrub beds.

Barkleymut
05-11-2000, 08:35 PM
I have used Sahara, fairly expensive and spotty results. It unexpectedly rained about 2 hours after application and it leached a little (about 3 feet into grass area). Luckily this was in an area where no one will notice, not even one weed has germinated there yet and it has been 10 months. Other spots I had spotty results, but it did a good job for about 4-5 months.

ant
05-11-2000, 09:35 PM
have used pramitol 25e on the curb line of stoned road with good results. took 2 weeks to see burn back.the label says you can use diesel fuel with it to speed up the process.

southside
05-12-2000, 08:18 AM
For this application we use a product called<br>Krovar.It has 400g per kg each of Bromacil<br>and Diuron.We throw in a little Roundup in the tank for a quick kill and the Krovar does<br>the rest.Krovar is a good soil sterilant<br>and the kill lasts for about 12 months.It also works well if it is rained on as the <br>diuron component needs to be washed in.The bromacil doesn't.So it doesn't matter if it<br>gets rained on or not. I would assume you<br>guys have a similar product in the US,perhaps<br>under a different name.<p>Karl<br>

Barkleymut
05-12-2000, 09:10 AM
Diesel fuel? yeah thats legal. I can't wait till Stone gets a hold of this one.

CMerLand
05-12-2000, 09:12 AM
No reallyyy it does say that barkley. Id never use it but it does say it on the label.

thelawnguy
05-12-2000, 09:26 AM
Diesel fuel by itself is very effective. No need to mix it with anything. Doesnt smell nice around residentials though.<p>Bill<p>

southside
05-13-2000, 10:06 AM
Diesel is also carciogenic.<p><br>Karl<br>

thelawnguy
05-13-2000, 01:22 PM
So is 2,4,D and most of the other herbicides used commercially. Keep the stuff off yopur skin and out of your lungs and you MAY outlive your equipment ;)<p>Bill

Getmow
05-17-2000, 06:43 PM
Paramitol has worked well for us. It does travel a little though. I don't think you will have a problem with 35' clearance. If a quick burn down time is important use with Finale (quick) or Round Up.