PDA

View Full Version : electric OX

slib-q
02-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Anybody ever heard about the electric ox? It's a multipurpose tractor from Canada, with a front end mower attachment available. And, oh yeah, it's electric. The mowing deck is 44" wide and has the battery capacity to mow for 5 hrs ( about 4 acres).

Whatcha' think?

Know anybody who has got one?

They're pretty heavy, weighing in at 808 lbs. So i am concerned about tracks in the yard but, if it was to work out--how cool! :o :blush:

treemeat
02-19-2005, 09:05 PM
hi from wichita!

I've heard of some old General Electric tractors as well as some John Deere that were electric. I think they were made back in the sixties. Could get mowers, snowblowers, anything you could get for a regular tractor. They'd be great if you had a big wind genny out in the country, save some cash on fuel. Bet they sound pretty neat . . . . wouldn't have to worry about mowing residential too early . . ..

I had no idea that someone was making one again. I think the old ones surface on ebay occasionally.

ndunn
04-15-2005, 10:04 PM
we should form an Organic Lawn Care alliance for the sole purpose of preasuring manufacturers into developing effective commercial mowers that are electric. Line trimmers too. There's gotta be a way to mount a battery on a backpack or something. Any ideas?