PDA

View Full Version : husqvarna vs exmark 36" info PLEASE!!!!

lovdasnow
02-20-2005, 02:10 AM
can't decide between the two, was leaning toward the exmark tt hd, but the husky is 500 cheaper. do any of you have experiance with these walkbehinds? Any info would be great, can't decide....
thanks jon

lovdasnow
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
nobody??? :confused:

Mark McC
02-20-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't think too many people here have had a crack at the Husqvarna. The company really hasn't been in the commercial mower market very long, so while there are plenty who run eXmark equipment, almost none of us have used equipment from both manufacturers.

Maybe the thing to do is ask if anyone has any experience with Husqvarna, get some feedback on specific questions, then pose the same questions to eXmark users.

Legacy
02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Pay the extra money and get the ExMark!!

Much better equipment and they are backed better as they are the largest commercial mower company out there....

Heavier built and better backed..you can't go wrong with ExMark!

If you are looking to spend less money no matter what look at the BobCat/Bunton WB's..they are very decent for the money!

Gautreaux's LNG
02-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Husqvarna does a poor job of dealer support for their commercial equipment. They want to have the best of both world's Big Box stores and dealers.... but they keep crapping on dealers heads. Soon they will be 100% big box.. they are losing dealers by the 1000's.

BTW.. I'm a husky dealer... probably not much longer though.

traman
02-20-2005, 02:55 PM
the only people i see that use Husqvarna,are mom and pop lco ,most of them had sears mowers and seemed to upgrade to Husqvarnas . not that theres anything wrong with that ,its just what i see around me .Husqvarna does a lot of advertising in the lawn magazines ,so they seem to be trying to get in,in a big way. they actully have a complete set up for $999.00 per month truck ,mowers and all hand held 10year financing or something .its like $20,000worth of equipment . the biggest thing to look at is all the little stuff,how thick is the deck,how thick is the frame ,is it stamped out of metal or all welded ,front castor pins ,again how thick,hydro pumps and motors how many cc's your spindals cast iron ? or aluminum ,how some things are but together metal bushings or plastic . this is what seperates commercial from homeowners or how someone can charge $1000 less for the same size mower
read all the brochores you can,look for all the little stuff.

Mower Man
02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Fast update,
Husqvarna mowers are almost the same as Yazoo/Kees, except Yazoo/Kees newer models have top greaseable tapered roller bearings, with sacrificial housings in case of major impacts.

They're both good mowers. Hard to go wrong either way.

Husqvarna has a better warranty.

Decks are equal. However.....
Note front skirt is flat...not flat strip of metal. Anything in front of a blade pushes the grass AWAY from it, which means harder to vac grass at higher speeds.
Since these are WB's doesn't mean as much as on a rider.

Deck is however folded under backwards toward the blades. That actually makes it stronger than just welding a strip of flat stock on the front.
Helps reduce Blowout, and does create more air 'lift'.

Front casters have a reinforced spindle. Inverted "V" welded to the yoke.
Protected grease fittings on the spindle housings.

Kevlar fiber belts....but now Exmark may use it also.

Exmark spindles have greatly improved, thanks to using exactly the same ball bearing that Yazoo/Kees used to use, but the Husqvarna( old Yazoo/Kees) spindle is longer which reduces the bearing load and should give longer life.

Same transmissions, etc., etc.
If both taken care of.....they'll both do a good job, and last.

$500....is a big difference towards the purchase price.

Mark McC
02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Pardon the same old refrain, but dealer support is a biggie, too. For many of its dealers, eXmark guarantees 24-hour delivery of parts and a loaner if your unit is going to be offline for 48 hours or better. That may or may not be worth the $500 difference, but it is something to think about.

CoopersLandscaping
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Have you had any experience with the walk behinds before? IF you have NOT I would go with the HUSQVARNA with the EZ touch controls. But if your experienced Ide just forget about the money and go for a EXMARK Turf Tracer. I'm about ready to replace all my stuff with new , and will probably get a Husqvarna and see. But either way , They both do a nice job.

JimQ
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Big assumption here, but I assume we're comparing the eXmark 36" TTHP and the Husqvarna WH3615 here. If that's the case, this is an apples to oranges comparison.

The eXmark TTHP is a more highly spec'd machine than the Husq WH3615 and well worth the $500 premium.

The 36" Husqvarna is closer to the Viking series

For starters, the TTHP has a floating deck, the Husq is fixed

TTHP has separate pumps and wheel motors, the Husq uses integrated hydros. Hydro-Gear IZT's

TTHP has better drive tires. (Carlisle vs Kenda)

TTHP has Flat-free semi-pneumatic front tires. Husq has standard pneumatic tires.

Optional electric start on the TTHP, pull only on the Husq.

Controls, ECS - eXmark vs. ETS - Husq. Comes down to personal preference. Both are pretty good.

Q

lovdasnow
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
haha, this thread is over 3 yrs old. I did end up getting an exmark, and could not be happier with the purchase. It's been a great machine!

JimQ
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
HA! Holy Cow! :laugh: Sorry it took me so long! Glad to hear your machine is treating you well!

Q