PDA

View Full Version : Great new customer!

desert rose gardening
02-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Last week im doing this yard I have been doing for about ten years, im mowing the strip by the street the guy next door parks his 25 foot enclosed traile there. I see a set of keys in the grass, I pick them up and go to his house ring the bell "Are these your keys?" He says yes and thanks, and by the way how much will you charge me to do my yard? Its a tiny place so I say $25.00 a week. He said do it! I will pay you when you are done. Then his mother in law is in need of a yard guy too! So now by asking him if those keys where his I got two new accounts! I could of just set the keys on the tounge of the trailer or on the step of it. So I do the yard and ring the bell to get paid the $25.00 for the yard, he hands me $100.00 bill and says I want to give you something for finding those keys keep the change. I say THANKS! That was at my first stop of 17 yards that day, Great way to start the day.

Shawns Lawns
02-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Good for you. If you want to spread the wealth i will accept it :)

Mo Green
02-20-2005, 10:52 AM
You did the right thing and were compensated handsomely for it. Good for you. Some people around here wouldn't have even bothered to pick them up, much less return them. Just goes to show what doing the right thing can get you. payup