PDA

View Full Version : ticked off about prices

nobagger
02-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey guy's anyone ever sub from bigger lawn care co and find out that you were basically lied to as far as what he is getting vs. what you are getting for services provided? :mad:

wbw
02-20-2005, 12:25 PM
It should'nt make any difference to you what he gets. Are YOU getting what YOU agreed to?

battags
02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
It should'nt make any difference to you what he gets. Are YOU getting what YOU agreed to?

He has a point. Figure out what you will work for and leave it at that. Don't worry about the other guys profit margin.

I know some guys that sub because they are not very good a winning bids. I'm not saying that this is true in you case. But, remember, you are actually bidding on the job through the 'middle man' as a sub yourself. Either way, you need to know what your time and equipment is worth in $$$ value.

Brian

tiedeman
02-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I have to agree with all of above.

Precision
02-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with the others.

If you want to be paid $50 per cut and I pay you that, what do you care if I get paid $250 per cut.

The problem lies with you for having left money on the table.

battags
02-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I agree with the others.

If you want to be paid $50 per cut and I pay you that, what do you care if I get paid $250 per cut.

The problem lies with you for having left money on the table.

I would still care. I would be REALLY worried if I underbid as a sub by that margin!!! I would have to have my wife check to see if my head is still screwed on straight!

Never mind. I know what her answer would be even if my bid as a sub was still in the ballpark!!!!

Brian

tinman
02-20-2005, 03:01 PM
if I'm happy to make XX dollars for a job, I do not care what big LCO makes off me.

Precision
02-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Battags,

I understand that, but all I am saying is if we agree on a price the other party has no leg to stand on and complain if I am honoring the agreement. That comes under shame on you.

What should the guy have done, said, " no I'd feel better paying you $175 per cut. $50 is just not enough."

If people want to work for free, them might as well do it for me.

YardPro
02-20-2005, 03:56 PM
i concur with all everybody. if you agreed to the price why are you upset.

sounds like you need to up YOUR prices..

battags
02-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Battags,

I understand that, but all I am saying is if we agree on a price the other party has no leg to stand on and complain if I am honoring the agreement. That comes under shame on you.

What should the guy have done, said, " no I'd feel better paying you $175 per cut. $50 is just not enough."

If people want to work for free, them might as well do it for me.

You make a valid point. We all know what it's like to work for a cheapskate, even if we are in the same business. Unfortunately, we can't instill ethics in some people and we just need to look out for 'number one' sometimes. We just have to balance that with treating, and paying in this case, others the way we would expect it ourselves.

Brian

Shawns Lawns
02-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Awhile ago another LCO asked if i would be willing to take some of his accounts. We went to look at them and i could tell they were the ones he did not want to do. I told him what i would expect to get doing them and i think it was more than what he was getting paid himself. I cannot remember the exact amounts but i have not seem him around in years. :waving:

nobagger
02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys this season I actually recieved probably 75 lawns to bid on vs. last year he told me basically what we were getting because this is what he gets