PDA

View Full Version : When should I distibute my fliers?

Coach Tim
02-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I am in South-East PA,I want to pick up some more lawn accounts for the new season. What do you guys suggest, as far as timing to be most affective with my fliers? Of course I want to beat my competition but I don't want to get to the coustomer too early when they are not ready to think about their lawn service.
By the way I am using door hanger fliers.

Thanks,
Coach Tim

Precision
02-20-2005, 02:40 PM
start 3 -4 weeks before mowing starts and continue right up to mowing.

gogetter
03-03-2005, 07:51 PM
start 3 -4 weeks before mowing starts and continue right up to mowing.

And continue even AFTER mowing has started. A lot of people will start taking care of their own lawn because they are happy to get outdoors again after winter. But then when it starts getting hot, they are ready to hire someone.

Another reason to keep passing them out after mowing has started is because some people will hire someone else but will not be happy with the service, or the company was a 'fly by night' and just stopped showing up (happens all the time), so the homeowner is ready to hire someone else.

LawnTamer
03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Amen to what Gogetter said.
I pick up accounts in May every year because the homeowner gets tired of mowing. Last year I picked up 8 accounts right in the same neighborhood because some lowballer had picked them all up, mowed twice and decided it wasn't worth it, just never showed up again. My flyers were there to pick up his accounts.

Mo Green
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Start your ad campaign a couple of weeks before your mowing season starts and don't stop.