PDA

View Full Version : Question about 52" ztrs

clncut
02-20-2005, 03:07 PM
How long does it take to mow an acre with this maching. Exmark states 4 acres / hr but I figured I would ask all of you who use them.

1)how long for 1 acre wide open?
2)how much more time do you add to your estimate for obstacles. 10%-15%?

Thanks
John

jtkplc
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
It depends on how fast the machine will go and it depends on how fast the terrain will let you go. If it's bumpy then you'll have to slow down. The formula for finding acres per hour is you take the deck width (52), muliply it by your ground speed and then divide that number by 99. That formula is for 100% efficiency. That is nearly impossible because of turning, overlap, and any other obstacles. If you divide by 120, that is 80% efficiency and will probably more accurate.

Envy Lawn Service
02-20-2005, 08:53 PM
You're not going to hit the 80% efficency acreage production number either.

The smart and productive thing to do is take a good look at your existing accounts and pick the biggest deck size you can use on the majority of them. If you are not sure, cut some lengths of PVC and check clearances in the field or just demo a few different sizes. You'll find you can put a 60" machine about anywhere you can put a 52" and so on. There's really not that much difference in the larger deck sizes for clearance purposes, but that difference DOES multiply itself into better production.

Precision PLC
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I second that good advice envy.buy the 60"