PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Lawnsite.com

Fareway Lawncare
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Kansas City, MO. (Jan, 2005) – Recognizing the growing contribution the Hispanic community is making in the world of commercial landscaping, Lawnsite.com has launched a Spanish-language version of this Web site.

Because of the steady increase the industry has seen in the Hispanic labor force, as well as the proliferation of Hispanic-owned businesses, Lawnsite.com understands the importance of catering effectively to this important group. The site allows Hispanic users access to a fully translated version of the popular English Lawnsite.com as well as Spanish based forums where Hispanics can discuss the industry with their peers.

grass disaster
02-20-2005, 07:36 PM
get out of my country

Anthony-MB
02-20-2005, 08:14 PM
will lawnsite.com provide us with translated version of their Spanish forums
this should be a two way transfer of ideas.

oh and do you know the web address of it?
i'd like to check it out

nasandsons
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
From my point of view.

If you can't read, write, or speak English, then you should get the !!!! out of the United Stated of America and go back to your native homeland. :gunsfirin

nasandsons
02-20-2005, 09:03 PM
For all the people living in this glourious USA, its amazing how many people can't speak, read or write the english language until it comes time to discussing money!!!!! Then all immigrants no how to count in ENGLISH....

Sorry bad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark McC
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Wow, fellas, how quickly we forget our ancestry! Can anyone who's a member of homo sapiens really claim that all their ancestors lived here in the Western Hemisphere? Nope. The archaelogical record is crystal clear on that one.

Look, Latinos have their place here in the U.S. Do you know how expensive fruits and vegetables would be without them? Also, as Latinos get settled into life here, they're trying to get OUT of our industry. I see a lot more Latino guys working in construction, for instance, which pays better than we pay.

Incidentally, Grassmasters, it isn't your country. It's all our country. Drop the proprietary attitude. Who died and appointed you the god of the U.S.?

You guys can see all this as a problem or as an opportunity. You can look at both English and Spanish-language versions and try to learn Spanish, or you can grow a shell to protect yourself. The smart Latinos and Latinas will use that to learn English. The knuckleheads won't bother.

One thing to think about, Nasandsons: when the waters of change rise, that shell you've crawled into will drown you. Get used to change or become a dinosaur. Your ancestors and mine probably were not that conversant in English when they hit the shores. Latinos in the U.S. are not at risk from the changes in our society: people like you are.

Decide now if you want your mental arthritis to kill you or if you want to adapt to change. It's your call: graveyard of people who won't flex, or life. Tough choice, eh? The Latinos who are moving here have already demonstrated that they're strong enough to adapt. How about you?

Turf Medic
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Kansas City, MO. (Jan, 2005) – Recognizing the growing contribution the Hispanic community is making in the world of commercial landscaping, Lawnsite.com has launched a Spanish-language version of this Web site.

Because of the steady increase the industry has seen in the Hispanic labor force, as well as the proliferation of Hispanic-owned businesses, Lawnsite.com understands the importance of catering effectively to this important group. The site allows Hispanic users access to a fully translated version of the popular English Lawnsite.com as well as Spanish based forums where Hispanics can discuss the industry with their peers.

You are so full of it, why are you always trying to stir up the anti-hispanic crap that goes on here. Your wife dating one????

grassyfras
02-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I hope more hispanics and minorites come into this country to get rid of all the hicks here. I welcome them.

bobbygedd
02-20-2005, 09:37 PM
i agree with mark, plus, spanish chicks are hot

beransfixitinc
02-20-2005, 09:45 PM

And the ones that aren't, sure can cook (usually)

kalyeah
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I dont have a problem with them coming here. I do have a problem with them not knowing how to speak english before they do. Also pay taxes amigos.

Anthony-MB
02-20-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't care what language a person speaks ,
so long as they pay tax as I do

Turf Medic
02-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't care what language a person speaks ,
so long as they pay tax as I do

A lot of them pay more taxes than you do. The employer withholds fed, state, city, social security, and the illegals don't file a return to get any of it back And most of them are unable to take advantage of any of the social programs that are available for lower income people. If the employer isn't withholding taxes you should direct your anger at him not the Hispanic.

Fareway Lawncare
02-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Kansas City, MO. (Feb. 2005)- SpanishLawnsite.com will enable communication and important networking functions between the growing number of Hispanic business owners. Access to translated versions of the English based site as well as Spanish language forums will allow Hispanic business owners to learn from fellow green industry professionals on subjects ranging from labour issues to equipment selection to pricing.

SpanishLawnsite.com (http://www.lycian.com/Assets/Images/Under%20Construction/Under%20Construction.gif)

lawnman_scott
02-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Will there be a french version to translate labor to labour?

a a green
02-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Well for all of you that say go back to your native homeland or get out of your country , I admire your patriotism, one thing most people forget your not native to the USA. If people had told most of our grandparents to go back to there native land I guess only the Indian's would be here still....hmmmm

Psych-O
02-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Kmart must be having a "white" sale with all the sheets flying on this sad thread!! :laugh: Now who found America again?? and what was He?? ;)

Turf Medic
02-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Kansas City, MO. (Feb. 2005)- SpanishLawnsite.com will enable communication and important networking functions between the growing number of Hispanic business owners. Access to translated versions of the English based site as well as Spanish language forums will allow Hispanic business owners to learn from fellow green industry professionals on subjects ranging from labour issues to equipment selection to pricing.

SpanishLawnsite.com (http://www.lycian.com/Assets/Images/Under%20Construction/Under%20Construction.gif)

20. You are not permitted to post or insinuate false information about members as well as sponsors.

10. You are not permitted to post or mention information that contains content intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Hate speech of any type will result in suspension at LawnSite.com.

2. Links to and/or mentioning other Green Industry forum sites is not permitted at LawnSite.com.

Well fareway maybe this thread will be enough to finally get your elitist a$$ bounced out of here. Appears to me that you provided false information about lawnsite, mentioned and linked to another green forum, and tried to stir up the racial crap that you seem to enjoy so much. I don't understand why you are so bothered by Hispanics that are living here in the United States.

rodfather
02-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Another one of Calvin's, Casey's, Ultimate's, (and God know's how many other) useless threads...give me a break.

jajwrigh
02-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Unless you are Native American, you are all descendants of immigrants!!

kipcom
02-21-2005, 07:04 AM
HOT !!!!! no way...most of them are FAT & STUPID.

When in rome...do as the romans...

When in the USA....do as the americans.....Love the country and speak & write the language we love so much.

OR get OUT !!!!! :cool2:

1million + starving true americans & we send 800billion dollars to a worthless country !!!!!

Are we suppose to forget about who built this country ???? NO

True americans will love & defend it to the end. :)

Sean Adams
02-21-2005, 09:51 AM
First, my apologies for not addressing this thread sooner.

Second, it is staying on the board and I will close it. Usually when a hispanic thread pops up I hate to snag it from the board becasue there is usually some good information and insight as to the importance of hispanics in this industry.

Third, Fareway....what in God's name are you trying to start here? I specifically do not appreciate anyone speaking on behalf of this site or my company. There has never been discussion of a hispanic version of lawnsite.com. Is it a good idea? Who knows....but it should not be presented by an outiser as if it were already in the works.

Fourth, I am going to say this about the racist/discriminatory remarks made in this thread....... to anyone who made a post like this, understand it will be your last. Being PRO-American is not the same as being ANTI-everyone else.

Now that is the end.