PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

bindercop
02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
What type of pricing does everyone have for laying sod?

plateau lawn care
02-20-2005, 08:30 PM
two and a half times the price of the pallet but I dont lay sod thats what a bud of mine charges.

Pecker
02-20-2005, 10:02 PM
two and a half times the price of the pallet but I dont lay sod thats what a bud of mine charges.

Is that on top of the cost for the sod? Would you mind clarifying that for me please? I may be laying a pallet of sod in a few weeks myself.

Are you saying:

Sod @ $130 per pallet (that's what a pallet of St. Augustine costs here)
+ Labor @ $325

or are you saying

Sod @ $130 and therefore the entire job is $325 ($130 x 2.5)

Thank you.

JKOOPERS
02-20-2005, 10:42 PM
i get sod for $48 a pallet so i usually charge $150 and up depending on if i need to grade , till up the soil and add new topsoil.

Pecker
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
i get sod for $48 a pallet so i usually charge $150 and up depending on if i need to grade , till up the soil and add new topsoil.

Does that $150 include the sod?

yardscaper
02-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Minimum is $250.00 per pallet installed. This does not include grading or topsoil, just the cost of the sod and the labor to lay it on already prepared ground. Also, you have to consider the quantity of sod that is contained on a pallet. Some farms roll the sod and stack it and others lay it flat. I get mine laid flat which makes each pallet 60 square yards. Mine is figured at $4.15 per square yard including starter fertilizer.

JKOOPERS
02-21-2005, 12:23 AM
thats just if we were to lay it and nothing else

Pecker
02-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Minimum is $250.00 per pallet installed. This does not include grading or topsoil, just the cost of the sod and the labor to lay it on already prepared ground. Also, you have to consider the quantity of sod that is contained on a pallet. Some farms roll the sod and stack it and others lay it flat. I get mine laid flat which makes each pallet 60 square yards. Mine is figured at $4.15 per square yard including starter fertilizer.
A question if I may: How much would that pallet cost you?

Could you give me a rough idea for a sod job I will be bidding soon please? Here it is:

The area is 500 square feet (our pallets are 450 square, so I'll have to buy a little extra). The pallet will cost $130 including tax (I'm sure no more than $150 with the extra). The area will need to be raised about 3 inches, so I am guessing around 4.5 yards of topsoil (that would be the best choice of dirt right?).

Right now there is grass there but it is not healthy because the area holds alot of water.

Here's my plan: It will need to be Round-up'ed. Then tilled real good. The topsoil will be added and tilled with exisitng soil. Then graded. Lay sod.

Also, the topsoil will be brought in via dump truck (could you also tell me roughly what that might cost with 4.5 yards of topsoil).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.