PDA

View Full Version : Rodfather...

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Well, I snapped today finally. We received about 10" inches of snow and that was my final straw. This is how my day went

1. I had to wake up at 3am and wait for the dang city to finish plowing
2. I then started residentials at 5:15am, way too early to start, but I had to since I couldn't get back into my parking lot because the city plowed it shut
3. 6:30am picked up my worker, went out and the second job hit a newspaper and the belt broke on the snow blower
4. Went back to the garage got the other snow blower and almost couldn't get out into the road because of how bad the conditions were.
5. Got to the second job, with the new blower, and that belt snapped.
6. Closest place that carries a belt is 25 mins away. So I sent my dad off to pick it up (he's retired and bored)
7. Went and finished two more residential properties just with shovels. The last job I had to call up dcondon for him to help me out.
8. And to make matters worse on the last job, some idioit decided to park his car at the end of the driveway, so it got plowed in BIG TIME by the city, which made my job harder to do.
9. Go back home, realizing that I am going to have to head back out again later on once the belts get put on.
10. As I am in my parking lot, I get stuck there as well.
11. Come inside to listen to 3 messages from the same customer asking me to plow their driveway, when in fact my answering machine greeting says, " I am not taking on any new snow removal customers."
12. I sit down on the computer here, complain to my wife and look at the weather forecast for the week which says more snow.

To answer your question Rodfather....look below

DUSTYCEDAR
02-21-2005, 10:12 AM
he he he he its always that way lol
look at the up side u r makeing money

Lux Lawn
02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Tideman--I heard the forcast for the Detroit area and I was think of you guys knowing you would not be happy.I forgot though how come you use the blowers and not trucks.

rodfather
02-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Troy, you remind me of that famous saying, "Besides that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" LOL

rodfather
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
he he he he its always that way lol
look at the up side u r makeing money

I think Troy's ready to throw in the towel Dusty...he's wussin' out on me :D

DUSTYCEDAR
02-21-2005, 02:27 PM
we all cant be like u rod :waving:

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
I think Troy's ready to throw in the towel Dusty...he's wussin' out on me :D

oh, now I see how it is. You are calling me out :D

Ok, just because of that I might change my mind now (dang) :cry:

MMLawn
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
You know Troy there is another way to solve that issue. Move to the South...............................No, wait I take that back too many snowbirds have already done that........ :D

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
You know Troy there is another way to solve that issue. Move to the South...............................No, wait I take that back too many snowbirds have already done that........ :D

exactly :) I am doing a lot of those snowbirds driveways for security reasons

rodfather
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Mike, he wants me to feel sorry for him, but i ain't fallin' for that sob story of his...I got his number :p

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I almost forgot to add to my list above, I run over my best customers dog leash and ruined that. Went out and replaced that for him

QualityLawnCare4u
02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
What is snow? :rolleyes:

all ferris
02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I wish it would snow here.

Mark McC
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I almost forgot to add to my list above, I run over my best customers dog leash and ruined that. Went out and replaced that for him

If the leash was under the snow, why replace it? That's your customer's fault, not yours.

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 09:40 PM
ya I know, but I thought that since they are my best customer that I would replace it for them

lawnguyland
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I feel your pain. literally.

On the leash though- if it had jammed your snowblower or broke a belt and messed up your day I bet you wouldn't be buying a new leash!

I always consider bailing on snow removal, but I cringe at the thought of sitting at home during snow storm when I know I could be out making lots of $ at a time when I'm not making much otherwise. Already have the snowblowers, truck, shovels, etc. Don't like being tied to home and radar though either. I do think I'll drop a few snow clients next year though because all I can say now is owwwwwwcha.

tiedeman
02-21-2005, 10:38 PM
yup, if it would have jammed it, there is no way I would have bought him a new one

Fareway Lawncare
02-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Snow is Very Profitable...Much More Profitable than Lawns on an Hrly Scale ....

You Need Lots of Back-Ups...I Have Back-Ups to the Back-ups for Everything from Shovels On Up..It's a One Shot Deal & If you Screw it Up...You Lose...