PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my latest flyer critique please...

Royallawncare
02-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Just designed this flyer yesterday havent decided whether i am going to use it or not just thought i'd see what you have to say. How do you like my company name?

packerbacker
02-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Looks good, any chance you could turn into a door hanger instead of a flyer? Put some nice graphics on it on a nice glossy paper? I know its expensive but it s a little flashier then a normal flyer.

marko
02-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Looks good Royal. I would:
Add The to above services include...
Capitalize L in Local
Should read Sub-conser.......
And I would definitely clarify cleanup in description of services. People will expect you to mow over leafs etc. in the fall. I would say remove debris from hard surfaces or something to that effect. Looks great though. Keep us posted how it works!

GrassBustersLawn
02-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Personally, I'd remove the "satisfaction guaranteed" part. There are some people YOU WILL NEVER SATISFY! Back in 1930 they worked all week for $30, they will expect you to work all day in their yard for that same $30.

Mike

Wayne Landscaping
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Try this and let me know

PR Fect
02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Wayne good save on the spelling error. I also agree with grassbuster, I would not put satisfaction guaranteed. I also would not give free mowing! Never give your services away, is a very good rule of business. Give them a free dodad or dinner, not your own work.

MMLawn
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Actually "satisfaction guaranteed" are two of the very best words that you can use in marketing, so keep them in! We use them in everythig we do and mean it. Why wouldn't you stand behind the quality of your work, that is what seperates a true good, professional LCO from the lowballers and the kids. If you do a good job it won't be an issue as it will gain you many more customers than it will PITA's.

walker-talker
02-21-2005, 04:14 PM
I also would not give free mowing! Never give your services away, is a very good rule of business. Give them a free dodad or dinner, not your own work.Technically....it's not really giving them away, but only the perception. He is only not charging for the one mowing with the payment of many others. You can also look at it as $1 off per mow (based on 30 mowing at $30 each). The word "discount" is good and "free" is better.

What are you intentions with your flyer? What I mean, how many more clients are you looking to pick with this flyer?

Royallawncare
02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
I am just a small company essentially starting up i have been in the business for a few years now and want to get in it full swing this spring and pick up another 30 -60 accounts if at all possible the skys the limit the more i get the happier i will be and the busier i will be. How many fliers do you think i should hand out to get this number? Should I go door to door and sell my services cause i figure i will sell my services better than just a flyer and i can hit target areas better is this a good idea?

MMLawn
02-21-2005, 04:27 PM
I am just a small company essentially starting up i have been in the business for a few years now and want to get in it full swing this spring and pick up another 30 -60 accounts if at all possible the skys the limit the more i get the happier i will be and the busier i will be. How many fliers do you think i should hand out to get this number? Should I go door to door and sell my services cause i figure i will sell my services better than just a flyer and i can hit target areas better is this a good idea?

Probably at least 10,000 or more for 60 based on the normal rate of return.

packerbacker
02-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Technically....it's not really giving them away, but only the perception. He is only not charging for the one mowing with the payment of many others. You can also look at it as $1 off per mow (based on 30 mowing at $30 each). The word "discount" is good and "free" is better.

What are you intentions with your flyer? What I mean, how many more clients are you looking to pick with this flyer?

heck yeah your giving something away, your giving away your time, your giving away your money that is spent on gas. If your not making a profit cutting a lawn then your losing money.

tonygreek
02-21-2005, 05:42 PM
how does discounting equate to not making a profit? i have a $55 "coupon" incentive for prepaid contracts. for argument's sake, let's say this equates to say 1.3 free cuts. does that mean i'm not being profitable becuase i'm giving my time away? no. a bit less profitable, sure. but i've also booked a years worth of cuts at a slight discount. i'll take that cashflow pump any day over issues that could arise that happen for non-prepayers. discount vs. free is nothing but semantics. being profitable has nothing to do with it.

Mark McC
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Agree with Tony's comments. At the risk of beating a dead horse to death yet again...if you have no call for action, such as a deadline for calling to get a discount, you're leaving money out there.

Guys, I'm telling you, this is advertising 101. There are a lot of things I don't know squat about, but I do know about this. My degree was in public relations (College of Communications at FSU), which consisted of a lot of advertising study.

You've given them a reason(s) to call you. Why should they call you NOW? If they don't have a reason to call you now, they're likely to forget and call someone else later.

MMLawn
02-21-2005, 06:10 PM
There is NOTHING wrong with offering a "freebie" or discounted service in an attempt to gain new clients, as a matter of fact it is one of the best advertising tools you can use. I do it every single new season.....maybe that's why I have a much higher return than average rate on those mailers too.....

Mark McC
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
MM, I love your slogan.

Precision
02-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Just a suggestion.

If you are going to put prices on the flyer, then you might as well try to upsell into the full service. Just hitting with the basic price will only get the cheap people.